Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Mac user. Now what?
Mac user. Now what?
Granted, I am not too tech savvy BUT, I finally got the Oscar to download on my Mac Pro and I came to the welcome page.  YEAH   I click on cpap importer and it says: Please insert your SD date card and choose a folder.  Well. I dont have a CD reader attached to my lap top. Does anyone anymore? I suspect I could get one if needed and will do so as I'm assuming it doesn't use bluetooth....Do you have to insert your SD card each and every day to get the data? Does anyone using a MacBook Pro have any advice for me as to how to continue the set up?  I'm treading in new waters here.  Thanks again for all the help.

Karen
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Mac user. Now what?
I have a card reader on my 2 year old Dell laptop. You will need a card reader for your Mac. I don’t believe they are very expensive.
Post Reply Post Reply
In your zest to look at your data, you probably missed these links.
You can purchase an inexpensive USB card reader from a variety of sources.  All my laptops do have SD card readers, although they are Linux OS systems.   I guess they only come on the cheaper models.  Big Grin
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I ordered a card reader and it'll be here later in the week,  Then I can try to go to the next step.  if nothing else, I'm learning a lot about computers.  I DID use those links to figure out how to get Oscar onto my Mac.  Thats how I was able to do it finally. Thanks for that!!!   Ive skimmed the next sections but they won't mean much to me until I have some data to work with. So for now, Its wait until the next step.  Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Built-in SD card readers on MacBook Pro has been missing for 6 years now. Many professional photographers/videographers have griped about it since. There are rumors it's coming back, but I wouldn't hold my breath. I use a small Anker brand USB3 reader plus an adapter to go to USBC. Still would not give up my Mac with the software and workload I run on it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Oddly enough I have an SD card reader connected to my computer that I had completely forgotten was there until today. It's built into my USB connected inkjet printer, so if you have one of those, it may be worth checking if it has a SD Card reader built in. (I use a Canon Pixma series printer but it wouldn't surprise me to find the same feature in other brands of printer)

-Neelix
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks everyone. I ordered a SD card reader for the Mac. It was inexpensive. I think my printer has one of those too but I wouldn’t know how to access it for my Mac. Ha. Looking forward to using it and getting some info.
Post Reply Post Reply
I expect you'd access it exactly the same way as your new one will work, you plug in a card and the computer will add it as a drive you can view in Finder. (With the possible exception that the printer would need to be switched on for it to be recognised.)
Have fun, either way. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Owww.  so. I have watched the videos....downloaded the Oscar onto my Mac...opened it...put SD card into reader and then opened it up on the Oscar...nothing seems to download...nothing shows up...

Is there a video showing how to do this for Macs?  I am hopelessly not very tech savvy. but Ive gotten this far...

could my data not be there?  according to my machine, its using bluetooth and wifi...

could I have somehow skipped a step?

could the sd card reader not work?

Dont know where to go from here.  Ive exhausted my knowhow.

Thanks
Karen
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-28-2021, 11:27 AM)kbingel Wrote: Owww.  so. I have watched the videos....downloaded the Oscar onto my Mac...opened it...put SD card into reader and then opened it up on the Oscar...nothing seems to download...nothing shows up...

Is there a video showing how to do this for Macs?  I am hopelessly not very tech savvy. but Ive gotten this far...

could my data not be there?  according to my machine, its using bluetooth and wifi...

could I have somehow skipped a step?

could the sd card reader not work?

Dont know where to go from here.  Ive exhausted my knowhow.

Thanks
Karen

We'll take this one step at a time.  First, when you put in the SD card, do you see a new icon on your desktop (probably "NO NAME" or "UNTITLED").  You don't need to run OSCAR to do this step. First you want to make sure the computer can read your SD card.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  User - Sleepyhead Software [deleting a user profile] macleadv 1 1,953 12-22-2015, 10:23 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.