Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Mac with Parallels running ResScan
Mac with Parallels running ResScan
Have a Mac with Parallels installed, and want to put ResScan software on it since my backup unit is a ResMed S8 VPAP ST, and ResScan software only read the current data card. My DME gave me a card reader as it's different than an SD card. I'm not tolerating the S9 AutoSet that my insurance bought for me. I'm seeing my sleep doctor in hopes he can determine what machine I need.

Does anyone that has a Mac use Parallels that runs ResScan? What's the minimum version of Windows that will operate it? XP, 7 Home Premium...? I plan to run Windows as a virtual OS, not go the boot camp route, as it seems a pain reboot the system to get to Windows, then reboot to get back to Mavericks.

I've installed SleepyHead (Mac version), but want to compare the charts and data that ResScan has.

Lastly, does ResScan read the S9 SD card?

Help
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Mac with Parallels running ResScan
(03-15-2014, 11:24 AM)apw5746 Wrote: Have a Mac with Parallels installed, and want to put ResScan software on it since my backup unit is a ResMed S8 VPAP ST, and ResScan software only read the current data card. My DME gave me a card reader as it's different than an SD card. I'm not tolerating the S9 AutoSet that my insurance bought for me. I'm seeing my sleep doctor in hopes he can determine what machine I need.

Does anyone that has a Mac use Parallels that runs ResScan? What's the minimum version of Windows that will operate it? XP, 7 Home Premium...? I plan to run Windows as a virtual OS, not go the boot camp route, as it seems a pain reboot the system to get to Windows, then reboot to get back to Mavericks.

I've installed SleepyHead (Mac version), but want to compare the charts and data that ResScan has.

Lastly, does ResScan read the S9 SD card?

Help

I run ResScan current version under Windows XP.
My experience with MACs is 20+ years ago.

Do you mean, does ResScan read the S8 data card?
If so, yes. With the card reader driver loaded.

See this thread for info on the S8 data card and reader.
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ard-Reader
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi apw5746,
Unfortunately, I am of no help to you with the data-management software.
I'm curious,If your backup is a Resmed S8 VPAP ST, why would they switch your newer machine to an S9AutoSet instead of a newer model VPAP machine?
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
[/quote]

I run ResScan current version under Windows XP.
My experience with MACs is 20+ years ago.

Do you mean, does ResScan read the S8 data card?
If so, yes. With the card reader driver loaded.

See this thread for info on the S8 data card and reader.
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ard-Reader
[/quote]

I've got the reader, & I aware the S8 has a different data card than the S9. I'm looking for somebody that currently has a Mac, is running Parallels, Windows, and ResScan. I'm at the Mac with Parallels stage. Looking to go forward, but hesitant if it's not worth it. I probably should have looked for a laptop with Windows 7 and picked it up, since most people have migrated to Windows 8 which, from what I hear, is a disaster.

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-15-2014, 12:44 PM)trish6hundred Wrote: Hi apw5746,
I'm curious,If your backup is a Resmed S8 VPAP ST, why would they switch your newer machine to an S9AutoSet instead of a newer model VPAP machine?

Had a sleep study in 2010 and it was determined I needed a VPAP. When one was done in 2013, it was determined I needed just a AutoSet. Different sleep labs & military was involved with first. I'm trying to get the new sleep doctor to get me a VPAP. Not sure if lab in 2010 still has my sleep study. Don't know if it was a paper report or computerized. Will call Monday and find out.

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-15-2014, 01:04 PM)apw5746 Wrote:
(03-15-2014, 12:44 PM)trish6hundred Wrote: Hi apw5746,

Had a sleep study in 2010 and it was determined I needed a VPAP. When one was done in 2013, it was determined I needed just a AutoSet. Different sleep labs & military was involved with first. I'm trying to get the new sleep doctor to get me a VPAP. Not sure if lab in 2010 still has my sleep study. Don't know if it was a paper report or computerized. Will call Monday and find out.
Oh I see, Yeah, there is always red tape, isn't there?
I hope you find out so you can move on and I hope you can get a newer VPAP.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-15-2014, 12:50 PM)apw5746 Wrote: I've got the reader, & I aware the S8 has a different data card than the S9. I'm looking for somebody that currently has a Mac, is running Parallels, Windows, and ResScan. I'm at the Mac with Parallels stage. Looking to go forward, but hesitant if it's not worth it. I probably should have looked for a laptop with Windows 7 and picked it up, since most people have migrated to Windows 8 which, from what I hear, is a disaster.

I consider Windows 8 the new Vista -- a product in search of buyers.
It's a pig -- in my opinion. I agree with a WIN7 machine.
Wish I could help you on the MAC question. We have some folks who do use MAC -- likely they'll know.

(03-15-2014, 01:04 PM)apw5746 Wrote: Had a sleep study in 2010 and it was determined I needed a VPAP. When one was done in 2013, it was determined I needed just a AutoSet. Different sleep labs & military was involved with first. I'm trying to get the new sleep doctor to get me a VPAP. Not sure if lab in 2010 still has my sleep study. Don't know if it was a paper report or computerized. Will call Monday and find out.

IMHO: Seems like you need an S9 VPAP Auto.

However, your S8 machine was an ST VPAP. That has a backup timed mode. The S9 VPAP Auto can run in CPAP, S, or Auto Vpap mode -- but not ST mode.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I tried ResScan with a trial of Parallels, Windows 7, and an S8 card reader about 2 years ago. ResScan ran just fine. I only switched back to Bootcamp because none of my games run in Parallels, and I didn't want to pay the Parallels licensing fee only for ResScan.

ResScan requires Windows XP SP2 or better. If you want to read an S9 data card, you will need an external USB SD card reader. Windows could not see the internal SD reader when running inside Parallels.
Post Reply Post Reply
IMHO: Seems like you need an S9 VPAP Auto.

However, your S8 machine was an ST VPAP. That has a backup timed mode. The S9 VPAP Auto can run in CPAP, S, or Auto Vpap mode -- but not ST mode.

What is a VPAP Auto vs a VPAP Adapt, besides price?

Post Reply Post Reply
Just got back from seeing my sleep doc. After all was said and done - he wrote a script to LINCARE for a S9 VPAP ADAPT. He based this on my past 3 sleep studies, print outs from my S8 and S9. Pulse ox test, and written narrative from my DME, POC, or whatever you call the lady from LINCARE who has been helping me.

When I mentioned that I knew how to get to, and change if necessary, the clinical menus - I thought he was going to have a heart attack. Once he calmed down, I calmly asked if I was the patient or he? Once I said this, his gears changed and was my long lost friend.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 94 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,336 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 179 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  ResScan 7.1 nawolfor 2 374 02-26-2024, 10:29 PM
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 433 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM
Thumbsup ResScan 7.0 now available! [old version] SuperSleeper 54 17,627 12-30-2023, 07:44 PM
Last Post: jocemar
  OSCAR and ResScan export to csv notis58 0 611 04-24-2023, 05:45 PM
Last Post: notis58

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.