Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Machine AHI Meaning and 80+ Plus Weight Loss
RE: Machine AHI Meaning and 80+ Plus Weight Loss
Alas, OSCAR does not appear to work for me. It seems to recognize the SD card, says it is importing data but when I ask for statistics it says "Can I haz data??". When I export data it basically just gives headers.

I guess that's what ?? means ...
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you - now I understand what the machine's AHI is!
Post Reply Post Reply
Uploaded a 7z file if that is OK. Let me know if it isn't and I'll find a "zipper"
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-23-2019, 06:14 PM)Mingy Wrote: Alas, OSCAR does not appear to work for me. It seems to recognize the SD card, says it is importing data but when I ask for statistics it says "Can I haz data??". When I export data it basically just gives headers.

I guess that's what ?? means ...

Maybe it's a setting within OSCAR. Is the export meaning screenshot capture with F12? If so, try this in OSCAR: go to File>Preferences>Appearance then on the top left area, there's a dropdown menu called Graphics Engine that you can select Software Engine then click OK on bottom right to accept.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
        Dave

This made things appear different. I now get a Profile but nothing happens when I click it, click any of the view fields, export (except I get the headers), etc.. 

Of course I might be doing it wrong.

Screenshot attached
Post Reply Post Reply
Are those screenshot examples after entering into your profile and looking at the daily screen? If so there's probably a setting in it that I'm at a loss on recalling. This'll need the big guns to assist. One should be about soon.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The screen shot is essentially what happens if I as for daily data, etc. (ie. F4, F5, or F6) because nothing happens. I was able to enter the profile when I installed the software although it required your suggestion before it displayed that screen. Previously it said it had no data.

Note that the "Statistics" tab is grayed out, which suggests there is nothing there as is the eye, magnifier, etc..
Post Reply Post Reply
Some versions of SleepyHead worked after a fashion with some F&P models. However F&P's latest machines use a different data format which we have't been able to decipher (there is no standardisation of data structures between the different machines). So the Oscar developers have to reverse engineer the new F&P data structure in order for Oscar to be able to use the data.

The ?? in the list of supported machines was just a placeholder - when I wrote the Oscar wikis I wasn't sure of the status of F&P and some other brands, so I just put in ?? to mean "unknown at this time".

Users of F&P machines could greatly assist by sending a copy of their SD card to Fred (see post above). This will give the developers some necessary information to update Oscar.
Post Reply Post Reply
I did provide a copy and would be delighted to cooperate in any way to help.
Post Reply Post Reply
It is being looked at
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  weight loss meds with cpap ButtonNoseBarbie 3 155 03-25-2024, 11:23 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [Treatment] Lost weight, no doc, can't get my settings right... japesinjapan 9 276 03-21-2024, 01:52 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Central apnea, graphs' meaning and ASV machine settings GT26 4 248 02-09-2024, 12:11 PM
Last Post: GT26
  [CPAP] CPAP in Silent Mode and Mask Useful life meaning aconti 5 459 12-17-2023, 01:45 PM
Last Post: aconti
  Sleep aids or weight gain AlexS3 22 1,316 11-28-2023, 10:43 AM
Last Post: AlexS3
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,190 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Meaning of information on "Sleep Report" Resmed Aircurve Auto fredhaddock 3 486 11-05-2023, 10:39 AM
Last Post: pholynyk

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.