Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Machine Decorations
RE: Machine Decorations
The 'skin' idea for devices is quite popular for people like myself who use an insulin pump, glucose monitor, a continuous glucose monitor etc. 'Skins' make the medical device seem less intimidating and/or boring. I currently have a picture of Lake Michigan on my insulin pump. My son took the picture one morning whilst he was going for his morning run. I love sunrise picture so he sent me the picture and I took it to the 'skin' place and now everytime I pull out my pump I can see a sunrise from Lake Michigan. JesseLee - your wife is very talented.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
(05-31-2018, 04:29 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Wow Radio Shack. That was a cool store. Our family bought our first PC there, a 286 I think.

My dad bought me a TRS-80 for Christmas one year... Started me in the direction of software development.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-02-2018, 08:29 PM)GrammaBear Wrote: The 'skin' idea for devices is quite popular for people like myself who use an insulin pump, glucose monitor, a continuous glucose monitor etc.  'Skins' make the medical device seem less intimidating and/or boring.  I currently have a picture of Lake Michigan on my insulin pump.  My son took the picture one morning whilst he was going for his morning run.  I love sunrise picture so he sent me the picture and I took it to the 'skin' place and now everytime I pull out my pump I can see a sunrise from Lake Michigan.  JesseLee - your wife is very talented.

Kind words Gramma Bear, and she said thank you! I've yet to get measurements on my machine but we are going to skin it.

(06-02-2018, 10:31 PM)mdhampton Wrote:
(05-31-2018, 04:29 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Wow Radio Shack. That was a cool store. Our family bought our first PC there, a 286 I think.

My dad bought me a TRS-80 for Christmas one year... Started me in the direction of software development.

The classic machines still have a following with people who collect them. I wish I still had my 1000EX but don't know if I have the patience to wait on it. I get squirmy when a website doesn't load in a few seconds.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Decorations Beverlylynn1 5 2,531 06-10-2013, 05:32 AM
Last Post: iSnooze

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.