Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Machine Noise
Machine Noise
Hi, I saw a similar post, but can't find it again! To the person that had a ResMed AirSense10 with fluctuating humming noises, did you replace your machine? Did it help?

I too have the same machine and it is LOUD! My partner says it sounds like a big truck air break in a very minimized fashion. I've been wearing earplugs but can still hear it and it keeps me awake.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Machine Noise
Hi Dagmar1,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Your machine should not be loud at all, that particular one is supposed to be a very quiet machine.
You might call the place where you got it and let them know about your problem.
Hang in there for more suggestions and much success to you with getting this problem straightened out so you can have good CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
My machine does have a different sound on inhale verses exhale. However, it is not loud. My pressure starts out at 8.6. If your pressure is indeed as low as 4-6 you should barely hear anything. Even when my pressure is cranked, it is not noticeable.

Make sure all your seals are in place. Especially the one in the tank (unless you have the it plugged) and that the tank lid is secure and the tank is inserted properly. Check the surface it is sitting on. Try putting a folded wash cloth (dry) under the machine to cushion it. If it is still loud, then I agree with trish.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree. It should be super quiet. I have had some irritating noises a couple times when the tank wasn't seated correctly.
if you can't decide then you don't have enough data.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have an Elite model, which is basically the same, and it is dead silent even though it sits only about a foot from my head. Yours needs repair.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for your response. I've spoken to the supplier who said they had "never heard of that with this model". I'll call again and see if I can speak to another technician.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi,

Thank you for the tips. I will try setting the unit on a folded up towel or a piece of foam if I can find something that small. I'll also double check all the connections.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, it is sounding like I need to get a replacement, and start the process with the DME company.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi,

I started out with the machine next to my head and could not tolerate the noise and moved it as far away as the hose would allow. From what you've stated and the others whom answered my query, it sounds like the machine is defective.

Thank you for your reply.
Post Reply Post Reply
My Airsense 10 is on a wooden bedside table less than a foot from me. Even when I am wearing my hearing aids I am unable to hear the machine. My wife also reports that she can not hear the machine. The machine specification indicate that it should produce no more than 40 db. That is far less than a conversation. Something must be wrong with the machine or its set up.

Jeff
Sleep is worth the effort.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airmini noise question sfr79 38 20,294 03-20-2024, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Blausser
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 90 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Breas Z2 - mask question/air noise sallym 0 147 03-07-2024, 04:17 PM
Last Post: sallym
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,603 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  [CPAP] Resmed airmini noise NYKP44 0 360 02-09-2024, 01:27 PM
Last Post: NYKP44
Question Resmed Autoset 10 buzzing noise - what now? mogulman 8 596 01-16-2024, 11:42 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  [Equipment] Airsense 10 Noise tblaster 4 345 01-15-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: tblaster

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.