Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Machine Of Choice from DME
Machine Of Choice from DME
Happy Monday!

It's been two weeks since my in-lab sleep study, and I finally heard from a DME.  When I returned their call, they stated they had a machine set up for delivery for me. After we discussed my name, address, date of birth, etc., I asked which machine they were sending.  They said the Dr. prescribed a Dreamstation-- this is when I asked if I could please have a Resmed Airsense 10 For Her.  Their response was, "Sure, no problem." Evidently, I'm getting a setting of 12cm with a 20-minute ramp (still reading about all of the numbers and what they mean).  I've downloaded Sleepyhead, too.  I guess I'll be ready to rock and roll tomorrow night.

Had I not joined this forum and read all the good advice here, I wouldn't have known that I could ask for a specific model! Thank you!!

--Leslie
--Leslie

"It will all be fine in the end. If it isn't fine, it isn't the end."
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Machine Of Choice from DME
Congratulations!   Well-done Congrats

When you get your unit make sure the DME included the SD card.  Several members have reported that it was left out of theirs.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The full name of the machine is: Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset for Her.
Resmed Airsense 10 defines a series of xPAPs that may include the Resmed Airsense 10 CPAP.

The "for Her" algorithm is specific to the Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset -- just make sure they don't try push off a lesser machine.
Look at the machine: Lower right. It will say "Airsense 10" and just under that will be the word Autoset.
The for Her has a floral design on its outer shell.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Nicely done. This will be so much easier for you to live with than if you had not specified your choice. Good job!
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the tip.  I'll make sure the SD card is present.  Thanks
--Leslie

Post Reply Post Reply
I'll check for "Autoset" and flowers on the unit.  Thanks
--Leslie

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-01-2017, 06:09 PM)rooy1960 Wrote: I'll check for "Autoset" and flowers on the unit.  Thanks

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the pic, tscurlo!
--Leslie

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-01-2017, 07:10 PM)rooy1960 Wrote: Thanks for the pic, tscurlo!

You're Very Welcome!!!

Good Luck with your new machine.   Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-01-2017, 07:33 PM)tscurlo Wrote:
(05-01-2017, 07:10 PM)rooy1960 Wrote: Thanks for the pic, tscurlo!

You're Very Welcome!!!

Good Luck with your new machine.   Smile

I know there will likely be some transitional problems, but I'll take in stride. I'm feeling hopeful because when they put that mask on during the sleep study, it didn't bother me-- I was reasonably comfortable AND I loved how I felt after having actually slept for a few hours.
--Leslie

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 264,431 04-15-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Poolboy
  Airmini mask choice Jennj99738 5 757 12-06-2023, 02:04 AM
Last Post: Smoothmakir
  Current CPAP machine choice mzipp 2 724 12-29-2022, 10:16 PM
Last Post: mzipp
  machine died! Now new doctor and new machine Bjazzman 17 6,871 09-05-2022, 09:07 PM
Last Post: NValtman11
  [CPAP] Using SoClean Machine with CPAP Machine ronald1810 4 1,345 06-01-2022, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Need instructions for pressure adjustment REMSTAR CHOICE M367500E John Dale 1 704 03-25-2022, 02:21 AM
Last Post: John Dale
  Hypoventilation vs. CPAP choice SleeplessInVirginia 8 994 08-22-2021, 07:46 PM
Last Post: SleeplessInVirginia

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.