Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Machine Of Choice from DME
RE: Machine Of Choice from DME
Make sure you get a brand new machine, preferably in its sealed Resmed carton. And ask tbe DME to demonstrate to you that the blower hours are zero or very close to it. Apparently some DMEs have tried to sell used machines as new.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi rooy1960,
CONGRATULATIONS! on getting the machine you want, good job, keep up the good work.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
On Resmed machines, the run-hours are very easy to access. On the main menu, go to My Options, push the control knob, then scroll down to About. The Run Hours are right there without entering the clinician menu. If not, ask the RT to set the screen from Essentials ON, to PLUS. That control in the clinical menu makes the screen information more informative and useful with more efficacy data on AHI and types of events.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-02-2017, 08:28 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: On Resmed machines, the run-hours are very easy to access.  On the main menu, go to My Options, push the control knob, then scroll down to About.  The Run Hours are right there without entering the clinician menu.  If not, ask the RT to set the screen from Essentials ON, to PLUS.  That control in the clinical menu makes the screen information more informative and useful with more efficacy data on AHI and types of events.

Thank you! I've made a note for when the RT gets here. You guys are the best!

(05-01-2017, 08:29 PM)DeepBreathing Wrote: Make sure you get a brand new machine, preferably in its sealed Resmed carton. And ask tbe DME to demonstrate to you that the blower hours are zero or very close to it. Apparently some DMEs have tried to sell used machines as new.

Thanks for the tip.  I've made a note to make sure I ask all the questions you guys have mentioned. I'm feeling a lot less anxious knowing I have such great resources here. Thank you!
--Leslie

"It will all be fine in the end. If it isn't fine, it isn't the end."
Post Reply Post Reply
Machine delivered (brand new in box). The RT was knowledgeable (CPAP user for 20 years) and was surprised with how much I knew; told him about this forum as my source of education. My doc ordered straight CPAP 4-12 over a 20 minute ramp. He said I can call the doc to have the settings changed to actually utilize the auto features on the machine. He agreed it was silly to have such a sophisticated machine and not use its features. I did order the clinician manual today so I'll likely change it myself but, for tonight, I'll use it as it is. So, here's hoping for a decent, first night. Fingers crossed.
--Leslie

"It will all be fine in the end. If it isn't fine, it isn't the end."
Post Reply Post Reply
A setting of 4 for most people would be too low I would say, leaving them starved for air. I would suggest starting at 6 instead as a minimum. I would also go to 14 as a maximum, just in case. To leave you the room needed just in case, at the top end. But the minimum is the key number. After a couple of nights, post your Sleepyhead data and we can give you better suggestions! Keep in mind not to fight the machine. If you are not able to get to sleep after a reasonable length of time, say after 45 minutes or so just try to get to sleep without it. It does you no good to struggle for hours if you aren't getting to sleep and it won't help you get used to the machine quicker.

But that is not to say you won't be able to sleep a full night with it the first night. I was one of the fortunate ones that were able to do so and I can honestly say it has only gotten easier and my sleeps have gotten better and better since. Just go into it with a positive attitude and don't worry. Others have gotten through this, you will too!
Post Reply Post Reply
Awesome job!!!!

It's amazing how different the machine-acquiring process can be when armed with knowledge from this forum.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airmini mask choice Jennj99738 5 727 12-06-2023, 02:04 AM
Last Post: Smoothmakir
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,141 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Current CPAP machine choice mzipp 2 709 12-29-2022, 10:16 PM
Last Post: mzipp
  machine died! Now new doctor and new machine Bjazzman 17 6,788 09-05-2022, 09:07 PM
Last Post: NValtman11
  [CPAP] Using SoClean Machine with CPAP Machine ronald1810 4 1,319 06-01-2022, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Need instructions for pressure adjustment REMSTAR CHOICE M367500E John Dale 1 685 03-25-2022, 02:21 AM
Last Post: John Dale
  Hypoventilation vs. CPAP choice SleeplessInVirginia 8 966 08-22-2021, 07:46 PM
Last Post: SleeplessInVirginia

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.