Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New to forum..help needed
RE: New to forum..help needed
bjzman -- Looks like you got SleepyHead set up, that's great. Could you please post that report again, this time with the information on the left side of the report like in the example I posted -- with the pie chart and all the statistics below. That info is important too.

For now -- based on what you posted, your max pressure does not need to be increased, at least not yet. Except for the very beginning of the night the pressure never went all the way up to 14. Your Flow Limit and Snore graphs don't look bad either. If you eyeball the graphs, you see how your pressure increases when flow limitations and snores start to increase. It appears your machine is able to handle the FLs and snores without having to go to 14. There is the question of whether an increase in your minimum pressure could be helpful to your sleep quality -- your AHI alone doesn't suggest that you need more minimum pressure, so for now let's wait till we have more information and more data from you.

I'd like to see the leak numbers -- those will show when you post the full screenshot with the info on the left. Your leaks are frequent and though they mostly stay under the 'large leak' threshold they could still be enough to be disruptive to your sleep.

Some AS10 Autosets have RERA reporting, some do not. If yours does, we'll see that in the full screen report view and we can look at that too.

In general, when you do have apnea events, are they obstructive, central ('clear airway'), 'unknown' or hypopneas, or some combination of all of these?

I have a couple more thoughts about your report but will wait till you post the full screenshot.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am new at this. I made the change from 6-10 to 10-14 on the pressure on November the 5th. I had all those symptoms for a long time until I started treatment this year in June. Then they started creeping back in August. the machine shows that I am good from what Dr stated 3 weeks ago. here is a summery over stats.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think trying a higher pressure is worth a shot, just to see what happens. There's a lot of flow limitation, which could be causing unconsious awakenings that ruin your sleep quality. Is there any reason not to try that? Like is your CA index elevated, or do you find the higher pressure uncomfortable in some way such as swallowing of air?
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
full screen shot

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  APAP Titration Help Needed dosertg07 2 184 04-09-2024, 11:45 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Chart help needed SteveC 4 211 04-07-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: SteveC
  [Diagnosis] Second opinion on study is needed please Abdulfakih 17 401 04-04-2024, 08:42 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Help needed how to use cpap on a plane June11 3 201 04-02-2024, 11:09 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Canadian here without insurance. Purchase advice needed. TrailerSweetheart 31 5,701 03-21-2024, 06:54 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 191 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  Help needed to understand chart SteveC 0 134 03-11-2024, 11:54 PM
Last Post: SteveC

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.