Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Machine Use Hours
Machine Use Hours
I am really new to understanding my cpap machine. But I've noticed that when I have worn my mask, connected to the cpap machine for 10 hours, it only records 3 hours of use. Why is that? Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Machine Use Hours
Are you using the ramp? If so, how long is the ramp set for, and how many times a night are you using it? Ramp time does not count toward your usage.
Post Reply Post Reply
My ramp time is 5 minutes and usually it's twice a night.
Last night I used the machine for 9 hours and it said that I used it for 2.7 hours.
Post Reply Post Reply
Are you using software or looking directly on the machine? I noticed that my machine also underreported my usage by a lot, but the software correctly reported it. I think this is because, if you get up and go to the bathroom or something, it begins as a new "session."
Post Reply Post Reply
The machine does know the difference between leaving the machine running without wearing the mask and actually breathing through the machine. If there is a portion of the night where you don't have the mask on, your therapy hours will not increase.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-17-2013, 06:00 AM)kittyhawkchild Wrote: I am really new to understanding my cpap machine. But I've noticed that when I have worn my mask, connected to the cpap machine for 10 hours, it only records 3 hours of use. Why is that? Thanks
are you shift worker by chance or someone who sleep during the day, the S9 new cpap day (24 hour period) end/start at noon (12 midday) so the period you slept after noon count toward the next day

If does not apply to you, unplg and plug the machine, at times rebooting fix the problem
Post Reply Post Reply
Check to make sure the time on the machine and the time in your region are the same.
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ock#Resmed
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
The 12 noon cutoff is rather annoying. Not everyone always wakes up before noon on the weekend. Saturdays are notorious for late awakenings... and Friday nights are to blame!
Post Reply Post Reply
Paula02,
I absolutely love the count to zen!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
Get SleepyHead going at your end and learn how to use it.
That will help you trouble shoot issues like this one and avoid several other beginner's traps as well.

Wink
"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad [Treatment] 10 Months In and Still Waking Up After 4 to 5 Hours Burnsy 3 284 03-14-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Burnsy
  Still Only Sleeping 4-5 Hours Most Nights AustinSV 5 249 03-12-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Big Gap In Readings - Hours of use too short an4g745 12 470 03-01-2024, 06:50 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  Total machine use hours? milogurd 1 277 02-03-2024, 04:00 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  Why do I wake up after a few hours sleep? John Reston 6 492 01-28-2024, 02:56 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question Consistently Waking Up After ~3 Hours on CPAP sammyg7241 2 439 01-20-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
Question [CPAP] Consistently Waking Up After 3 Hours on CPAP sammyg7241 2 528 01-11-2024, 01:24 AM
Last Post: Expat31

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.