Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Machine about to die – 21052 Hrs
Machine about to die – 21052 Hrs
Hello All,
I’m guessing my machine is about to die, hearing a high pitch sound [fan bearing].
I need to procure a machine rather quickly. Of course my Dr. isn’t available for weeks, mentioning he might want to send me for a sleep study. So I’m looking to secure an Internet prescription [hoping to find a source] – any recommendations where I could secure a prescription – and just outright purchase a machine.
My machine is a respironics, BiPap2 Core Pkg –NA
I’ve been monitoring my data for years [I’d like to share a versions as soon as I remove personal information], changing pressure as I gained and lost weight. The original prescription was for inhale and exhale pressures – just recently went to straight CPAP as the pressure changes made weird noises. The change to straight CPAP, is fine, feel great.
So, I’m looking purchase a replacement unit, with reporting and parameters I can change.
Looking at Resmed Airsense 10, APAP – seems to have data I can review and settings I can change.

what other machines - looking to spend between 500-999.
Thoughts?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Machine about to die – 21052 Hrs
Welcome

Hang in there and someone with similar experience will get with you on that!

Smile

"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
You have a lot of choices. In APAP, the Philips Respironics System One 60 Series Auto is model 560P. A straight BiPAP is the 660 and the auto BiPAP is the 760. Most online suppliers can meet your budget for a complete APAP with humidifier. All you need to to is file a copy of a prescription with them...I used one from 2008 with Supplier #1, so they aren't fussy.

Supplier #2 on the supplier list link (top of forum) sells used and open-box units at a good discount. Your local Craigslist might be a source for inexpensive used units, but that takes a bit more work.

You should be able to have a new unit in hand by the end of the week. Go shopping online.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi tbone106,
WELCOME! to the forum. You might check Supplier #2 on the suppliers list here on the board at the top of each page, they have great deals on either open-box or gently-used machines.
Best of luck to you with getting a machine and hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I would go see my family doc and explain the situation. Bet you leave there with a prescription.

Dave
Post Reply Post Reply
So that machine is perhaps 8+ years old. Is anyone surprised it's on its last leg...
Yes, time to get a new one.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I was in the exact same situation and just bought an Airsense 10 from Easy Breathe. They charged me an extra 99 bucks because I didn't have a copy of my script but they gave me a referral and a new script that's good for 8 years. I started the process on Wednesday and my new Apap and mask shipped this morning. I am crossing my fingers everything goes well but they seem pretty cool. They even called me to verify that I intentionally ordered the airsense 10 for her model.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,197 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  machine died! Now new doctor and new machine Bjazzman 17 6,797 09-05-2022, 09:07 PM
Last Post: NValtman11
  [CPAP] Using SoClean Machine with CPAP Machine ronald1810 4 1,320 06-01-2022, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Pin from power plug stuck in machine ResMed cpap machine B10576 12 6,757 04-08-2018, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Hellodare
  Forgot to put card back in machine, is there a way to copy it from machine to card? Marnid2014 6 6,251 04-06-2014, 08:54 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.