Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Machine and Issues regarding ASV support
RE: Machine and Issues regarding ASV support
They can be a bit of a pain to get used to. And like Robert says, be sure you have a tech who is well experienced in titrating them.

First off, because it changes pressures automatically instead of responding to your own inhalation (because it tries to maintain a steady breath rate). That can make it feel as though the machine is trying to control your beathing - which it pretty much is. However, if you breathe over it, it will adapt to you, since it tries to replicate your past few breaths. So if it tries to increase the pressure while you are exhaling, for example, keep exhaling and it will quickly adapt and back down the pressure a bit when it recognizes what you are doing. It's like learning to dance together. Adjustments to the breath rate are critical for this. Mine is now on auto, since my breathing tends to be erratic and slower than the minimum timed setting on the ASV.

Also, pressure increases can be VERY rapid and dramatic when the machine is trying to stimulate inhalation. I have minimum PS (Pressure Support = the increase of pressure when you inhale) of 0, so it only kicks in when needed. Most nights, then, there is a constant pressure while I'm falling asleep. The change from a steady pressure when there is no pressure support switching to a very sudden increase in pressure used to wake me up; but my brain/body has gotten used to it now.

The machine makes a real cool noise when you scream into it from frustration while learning to adapt. Just sayin'.
Post Reply Post Reply
[i]" The machine makes a real cool noise when you scream into it from frustration while learning to adapt. Just sayin'. [/i]"

OH, wow - I just so have to try that !!! Laugh-a-lot
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeprider can you please take a look at some charts of mine for comment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Sure, what'cha got?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
well I am currently struggling to place attachments. When I select the file using browse, and then activate the icon labled add attachment, I keep getting that I have met my quota when in fact I haven't even been able to make the attachment. So not sure what is going on. very frustrating
Post Reply Post Reply
ckingzzzs,
I gave you the links for posting attachments and using imgur.com in the other post you started. Also see at bottom of this post.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...a-problems

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Opalrose, I took a snapshot of my charts on sleepyhead and saved those as a word document. Is there an easier way to save images directly from sleepyhead without have to printscreen or take a snapshot picture??
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-26-2016, 11:48 AM)ckingzzzs Wrote: Opalrose, I took a snapshot of my charts on sleepyhead and saved those as a word document. Is there an easier way to save images directly from sleepyhead without have to printscreen or take a snapshot picture??

Under view on your computer, click on F12 to take a screenshot. Your computer should automatically create a file that says screenshots.

Look under "my computer" for the file for Sleepyhead screenshots.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
okay Sleeprider, thanks to Opalrose and justmongo's help I think I got it.

Can you please take a look at the following URL to see my charts on Imur please at your convenience. I am looking at possible comments. I gave some of the worse night readings, but if you woul like to see some of my better ones just let me know. with thanks.

http://imgur.com/a/xjfcF
this may be a duplicate to a previous message I just sent.

http://imgur.com/a/xjfcF
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry to be late to the game. The links in my signature are the method for organizing and posting charts using Imgur rather than as attachments. Unfortunately attachments are very limited due to server limitations. Sleepyhead creates a folder for Screenshots taken using the F12 key in your Documents/Sleepyhead folder. Those don't need to be converted, and can be emailed or uploaded directly to Imgur. You are using an old version of #Sleepyhead that does not properly display your machine settings. This link to #SleepyHead should be the newer 1.0. Beta 2 version. You are using 0.9.8-1. As you can see in the chart, your settings are not correctly displayed, and the pressure line is missing the EPAP line. It would help if you upgraded.

Your charts continue to show an abundance of CA and H events. With an AHI of nearly 13 n the present example, this is pretty significant and needs to be dealt with. As I recall you had an Airsense 10 Autoset when you joined the forum, and you were having a lot of central events. Last year you were issued an Aircurve 10 Auto bilevel. If this chart is now typical, your event rate is higher than when you first started. Your Aircurve 10 Auto is not capable of treating central apnea and hypopnea. It appears you are already scheduled for a titration for adaptive servo ventilator ASV.

As a last ditch effort to minimize these central events, I recommend changing your settings to EPAPmin 6.0, IPAPmax 8.0 and PS 0. Alternatively, just set the machine to CPAP mode and use a pressure of 8.0. Really, we need this simple baseline to see where we stand.We will consider this a success if we see a significant reduction in CA without an increase in OA. If we don't see a lot of improvement, you are moving to ASV.

It would help if you filled in the blanks about what past sleep studies and titration studies have shown. Also, upgrade your software.

[Image: xzcv2Qh.png]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Air Mini issues Bous 0 46 Yesterday, 08:14 AM
Last Post: Bous
  Sinus issues with CPAP Luka07 9 184 03-26-2024, 09:28 AM
Last Post: Luka07
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 86 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Resmed Tech Support Jeremy H 11 1,330 03-20-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  How to remedy issues during lighter sleep period, 3 AM-7 AM rosebladepat 0 108 03-15-2024, 07:45 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 511 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  Airsense 10 Issues cgries2448 0 155 03-09-2024, 03:31 PM
Last Post: cgries2448

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.