Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Machine change and a few questions
Machine change and a few questions
I have been using a Res Med S9 Autoset since 2014. Nice machine. I had two issues that bothered me.

Mask Mirage Quatro-medium

1. Mask leaks

2. Position of head gear strap on my neck.

I had trouble keeping the mask from leaking and always seemed to have to tighten it more than needed. I also have problems with headaches from the nerves in my neck and always wondered if the headgear contributed to this. I also have some neck disk issues.

Other than that, the machine always worked great and checking my results on RES Scan software always showed my results were good.

Recently The S9 showed a message about "motor life exceeded" Rather than sink money into a 8 year old machine I decided to replace it.

So I bought an Air Sense 10 which I got a good deal on and haven't started using yet (waiting for the manual) and an F & P Vitera which I am using and I like the mask so far. The head gear seems to be a little bit higher on my head which I hope will help with my neck issues.

Few questions:

Will the Air Sense still work with the Res Scan software??

Did I buy the right machine?? Is the Air Sense an = to the S9 and when I get the manual will I be able to duplicate the S9 settings?? Thanks

Ed
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Machine change and a few questions
Which AirSense did you buy? Look at the name on the front of the machine. 
All the AirSense Pap machines should work with ResScan software.

We recommend using OSCAR if you like tracking your data.

Airsense 10 Elite - Static pressure (Supported by OSCAR)
Airsense 10 AutoSet - (Supported by OSCAR)
AirSense 10 Card-To-Cloud (Same as the AutoSet)
Airsense 10 AutoSet for Her - (Supported by OSCAR)
ResMed 10 Cpap - Summary data only! ( You don't want this one!)

You should be able to program in the same settings as your S9.
If you need help, just ask!
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes!, to both your questions. The AS10 uses the same file naming convention as the S9 did, so it will interface with ResScan without any problems. One good thing that the AS10 brings to the table is you no longer have to worry about your computer writing files to your SD card, like the S9. Finally, all your settings can be copied over to the AS10 from your S9.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you both for your responses. Now I have 3 more questions that popped up.

Can I use the Res San software I used for my old S9 or do I have to download a newer version?

If so which version should I use?

Can I stick my old SD card from the S9 into the new machine and It will program to my S9 settings or do I program them into the new machine manually? My new machine is an airsense 10 autoset

Thank you,
Ed
Post Reply Post Reply
You will have to program the settings yourself, and also either get a brand ne SD card for the AS10, or make a complete backup of your old card before formatting it for use in the AS10. An SD card holds the serial number its machine, so each machine must have its own SD card,
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Eddie702,

The humidity setting is different between the S9 and S10.

https://document.resmed.com/documents/pr...sa_eng.pdf

I know nothing about those masks. Good luck.
Post Reply Post Reply
The AS10 Autoset is a good machine.

If you like the mask you're using with the F&P, keep using it with the AS10.

You can purchase a new SD card. Doesn't have to be a resmed card - any card from a big box store will be fine, I think you want over 8 (I forget the units) but doesn't have to be huge.

The experts here prefer OSCAR to the Rescan. It's free software that allows the experts to help you adjust settings to improve your treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  EPR questions juniper 7 242 Yesterday, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New - so many questions Matsu1 7 393 04-18-2024, 04:44 PM
Last Post: Matsu1
  Surgery questions sarahsleeps 8 189 04-16-2024, 10:01 AM
Last Post: coffee9724
Question Help - Mask change causing fatigue? coffee9724 3 229 04-15-2024, 09:01 PM
Last Post: jcp519
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 264,583 04-15-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Poolboy
  Oscar 1.4.0 software time change keithy62 2 128 04-12-2024, 05:14 AM
Last Post: keithy62
  ResMed Humidifier Tub Change? Reesche 12 381 04-09-2024, 12:46 AM
Last Post: Reesche

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.