Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Machine help - REMstar Pro c-flex+
RE: Machine help - REMstar Pro c-flex+
(05-05-2016, 11:47 PM)robysue Wrote:
(05-04-2016, 04:53 PM)Nilmot Wrote: Maybe cflex is what I'm used to and it's not working anymore or something now. The machine actually feels like it ramps up the pressure when I'm trying to exhale. The pressure in general feels higher, it's louder, and more air is leaking out. Can't figure out why it changed all of a sudden.
Two suggestions:

1) Since the machine seems louder with more air leaking out, the first thing to do is to check the mask and and the hose for tears or pinholes in them. If there's a tear or a small pinhole in either the hose or the mask, the machine is going to pump more air into the system in an effort to maintain the proper pressure. If your mask and hose are older than 6-12 months, you might want to replace them even if you can't find a tear or hole in them.

2) If the problem is not with the mask or hose, it may be time to take the machine back to the DME for an inspection---particularly since this is a sudden change in the machine's behavior. They can check out that it is working correctly. And if it's not working correctly they probably set you up with a loaner machine while yours is being repaired.

Thank you so much! I was just about to call to get a service appointment set up for the machine but I checked this thread again first. I'd tried replacing the hose (which was WAY overdue) already, but not the mask which was only a few weeks old. Anyway, the mask was the problem. Not sure why it didn't occur to me, but I'm so glad it occurred to you. I can't wait to get a solid night's sleep again.

Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 380 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  Remstar -> DS 1(new foam) mw1655 0 253 11-29-2023, 05:54 AM
Last Post: mw1655
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,175 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Remstar pro m series two beeps how can I reset? cantgettosleep 2 1,052 05-21-2023, 10:31 AM
Last Post: cantgettosleep
  Remstar plus self diagnosis setting? Sleepyjake 0 453 02-10-2023, 06:53 PM
Last Post: Sleepyjake
  Time Setting on Remstar TASleep 2 441 01-27-2023, 05:11 PM
Last Post: TASleep
  Remstar Auto M Series "Service Required" msgill59 24 36,217 01-08-2023, 07:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.