Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Machine help - REMstar Pro c-flex+
Machine help - REMstar Pro c-flex+
Hi everyone,
I was diagnosed right about 2 years ago and rushed onto a CPAP machine. I took right to it and love it. It's stopped my storing, stopped me from waking up at night, and puts me to sleep almost immediately. My pressure was increased from 10-12 and I switched masks to something a little more covering a few months in, but other than that, I've been happily snoozing since.

Until last night, when I strapped in and got blasted with pressure. More, the machine didn't recognize my exhale, and if anything increased the pressure during that phase. I've opened up settings to change the pressure and see if there was anything obvious amiss, but that didn't help. I've checked the rubber seals in the humidifier but they seem fine. I've also opened the machine up, checked the seals in there, and reseated the board.

Does anyone have any ideas, or things I can check? As far as I know, nothing happened to the machine, but I do have 3 young kids, so buttons may have been pressed Big Grin

Oh, and was is the C-flex setting for? It's at 3, but I don't know what that means. Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Machine help - REMstar Pro c-flex+
Hello Nilmot
Your machine is fixed pressure machine, deliver one single pressure all night long except during Ramp period (if using)
Flex setting lower pressure somewhat on exhale and return back to set pressure on inhale ... 3 provide most relief
Its there for people having issues with exhaling against pressure, considered to be a comfort thing
Some people like it and some don't, turn it off and see how you feel
Post Reply Post Reply
Maybe cflex is what I'm used to and it's not working anymore or something now. The machine actually feels like it ramps up the pressure when I'm trying to exhale. The pressure in general feels higher, it's louder, and more air is leaking out. Can't figure out why it changed all of a sudden.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-04-2016, 04:53 PM)Nilmot Wrote: Maybe cflex is what I'm used to and it's not working anymore or something now. The machine actually feels like it ramps up the pressure when I'm trying to exhale. The pressure in general feels higher, it's louder, and more air is leaking out. Can't figure out why it changed all of a sudden.

Here is a link http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual to our page showing how to access the clinical settings for xpap machines. Scroll down to find the directions for your particular machine (REMstar). Follow the directions to check your settings. You are primarily looking to see that your pressure is set to 12 and the Flex setting is at 3. If your settings have been changed somehow you can re-set them. If your settings are correct and your machine still acts up it might have developed a defect and may need service or replacement.

Rich
Apnea Board Member RobySue has posted a Beginners Guide to Sleepyhead Software here:  http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead

Download Sleepyhead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Post images

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-04-2016, 05:15 PM)richb Wrote:
(05-04-2016, 04:53 PM)Nilmot Wrote: Maybe cflex is what I'm used to and it's not working anymore or something now. The machine actually feels like it ramps up the pressure when I'm trying to exhale. The pressure in general feels higher, it's louder, and more air is leaking out. Can't figure out why it changed all of a sudden.

Here is a link to our page showing how to access the clinical settings for xpap machines. Scroll down to find the directions for your particular machine (REMstar). Follow the directions to check your settings. You are primarily looking to see that your pressure is set to 12 and the Flex setting is at 3. If your settings have been changed somehow you can re-set them. If your settings are correct and your machine still acts up it might have developed a defect and may need service or replacement.

Rich

Ok, I've checked those and they're as they should be. Will try calling for service/support tomorrow. Thanks Rich and Zonk.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-04-2016, 04:20 PM)Nilmot Wrote: Hi everyone,
I was diagnosed right about 2 years ago and rushed onto a CPAP machine. I took right to it and love it. It's stopped my storing, stopped me from waking up at night, and puts me to sleep almost immediately. My pressure was increased from 10-12 and I switched masks to something a little more covering a few months in, but other than that, I've been happily snoozing since.

Until last night, when I strapped in and got blasted with pressure. More, the machine didn't recognize my exhale, and if anything increased the pressure during that phase. I've opened up settings to change the pressure and see if there was anything obvious amiss, but that didn't help. I've checked the rubber seals in the humidifier but they seem fine. I've also opened the machine up, checked the seals in there, and reseated the board.

Does anyone have any ideas, or things I can check? As far as I know, nothing happened to the machine, but I do have 3 young kids, so buttons may have been pressed Big Grin

Oh, and was is the C-flex setting for? It's at 3, but I don't know what that means. Thanks!

How did you open up the machine?
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-05-2016, 05:44 AM)Sleepless in OK Wrote:

I moved the slider on the bottom to release the attached humidifier, then checked the silicon gaskets in there visibly and by feel. I then pulled the two long screws from the bottom of the unit using a star drive. Out of like 7 drivers I have, only one was narrow enough to get in the holes. I then removed the one short screw from the circuit board to free it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Nilmot,
Good luck to you with getting your machine problems straightened out.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-05-2016, 07:41 AM)Nilmot Wrote:
(05-05-2016, 05:44 AM)Sleepless in OK Wrote:

I moved the slider on the bottom to release the attached humidifier, then checked the silicon gaskets in there visibly and by feel. I then pulled the two long screws from the bottom of the unit using a star drive. Out of like 7 drivers I have, only one was narrow enough to get in the holes. I then removed the one short screw from the circuit board to free it.

Thanks, hopefully hubby will have one to fit mine, didn't get to sleep at all last night. Thank you again.
Post Reply Post Reply
Two suggestions:

1) Since the machine seems louder with more air leaking out, the first thing to do is to check the mask and and the hose for tears or pinholes in them. If there's a tear or a small pinhole in either the hose or the mask, the machine is going to pump more air into the system in an effort to maintain the proper pressure. If your mask and hose are older than 6-12 months, you might want to replace them even if you can't find a tear or hole in them.

2) If the problem is not with the mask or hose, it may be time to take the machine back to the DME for an inspection---particularly since this is a sudden change in the machine's behavior. They can check out that it is working correctly. And if it's not working correctly they probably set you up with a loaner machine while yours is being repaired.
Questions about SleepyHead?  
See my Guide to SleepyHead
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 377 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  Remstar -> DS 1(new foam) mw1655 0 252 11-29-2023, 05:54 AM
Last Post: mw1655
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,155 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Remstar pro m series two beeps how can I reset? cantgettosleep 2 1,051 05-21-2023, 10:31 AM
Last Post: cantgettosleep
  Remstar plus self diagnosis setting? Sleepyjake 0 453 02-10-2023, 06:53 PM
Last Post: Sleepyjake
  Time Setting on Remstar TASleep 2 441 01-27-2023, 05:11 PM
Last Post: TASleep
  Remstar Auto M Series "Service Required" msgill59 24 36,213 01-08-2023, 07:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.