Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Machine hours A10 Autoset
RE: Machine hours A10 Autoset
I'm sorry but this is tantamount to fraud. New means new. New is not 200 or any other sum other than 0. Just bought a NEW A10 For Her from Supplier #1. 0 hours when it came even though they set the pressure settings so they obviously had to open the box. They are required by law to set the pressures according the the Rx you give them. It is not the germs that would bother me it is the fraud that bothers me. And for that they should not get away with it. I would report them to the BBB and any other consumer groups they deal with. And I can assure you when you call them back and use the words fraud and reporting them etc.. you will get a machine with 0 hours.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
I have Medicare so nothing out of my pocket directly. The S9 Autoset I've been using for years now was bought from Supplier #2 and it had a lot of hours on it. When I called this morning, I did ask if they made a practice of selling used machines as new. He said they consider it new because it has so few hours.

I have wanted to switch providers for a while now. I was thrilled they only did Autosets now but it seems it must have been more of a monetary issue than "let's be useful to our clients" issue.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
It is still fraud no matter who is paying. I'm sure the AGs office in your state would be interested in this practice of your DME.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
best thing to do is walk into their store with cpap in hand and demand getting a new "for her" machine. It's a lot harder to deal with people in person, easier to say no over the phone. so make a personal appearance. If they still won't help you out then threaten them with bad publicity. tell them all your friends, family, review sites (yelp, yahoo, google), and the referring doctor will know of the poor customer service this place does. ask them if they're prepared to lose business over your simple request. have fun with it...lol
Post Reply Post Reply
I have Medicare.  They pay 80%.  I have Aetna insurance.  They pay something but there is a deductible and as early in the year as this is, the difference is billed to the individual.
--

Larry
Post Reply Post Reply
It seems there are two issues. One is the 182 hours runtime being passed off as new and two is the fact that you wanted the for her model. If you still want the for her model (with the additional algorithm), then I agree that you should go in, machine in hand and ask for a NEW replacement.
Post Reply Post Reply
If it were me? I could be OK with things as it is now. But just OK.

I'd very likely do what I actually did. Call first with the discrepancies, stating I was told I'm getting a new machine during the original dispensing of the machine. New means NOT previously used. Maybe I played a bit of role reversal. (I did this somewhere with my therapy but I can't really recall specifics) "RT if I were you and you are me, and you were issued a used device that I as your RT called new, how would you feel?"

lots-o-coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Only sleeping 3 hours a night with CPAP, almost fell asleep at wheel biboombap 7 70 1 hour ago
Last Post: biboombap
  Airsense 10 run hours??? eok361 5 132 Yesterday, 08:13 PM
Last Post: eok361
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 264,410 04-15-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Poolboy
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 200 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
Sad [Treatment] 10 Months In and Still Waking Up After 4 to 5 Hours Burnsy 3 394 03-14-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Burnsy
  Still Only Sleeping 4-5 Hours Most Nights AustinSV 5 322 03-12-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Big Gap In Readings - Hours of use too short an4g745 12 537 03-01-2024, 06:50 PM
Last Post: an4g745

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.