Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Hourly Waking
Hourly Waking
On an earlier post, I asked about frequent waking using a CPAP - great suggestions but back to where I started.
I WAKE UP EVERY HOUR - LIKE CLOCKWORK.
I looked on line and cant find anything about this.
I am using the Resmed 10.
Set to Autoset - tried CPAP mode - no difference.
Curves do not show any correlation with a apnea event.
AHI under 3 all the time.
Under 2, 50% of the time.

This is each and every hour.  There should be no correlation between time and an event anyway.

NO - the sleep doctor in town has no idea either.
oh - I am a 74 year old male in good health - at least for a 74 year old person.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Hourly Waking
(03-08-2018, 08:19 PM)sleepyCoder Wrote: I WAKE UP EVERY HOUR - LIKE CLOCKWORK.
I looked on line and cant find anything about this.

The clinical term is fragmented sleep. It happens to a lot of us but as we adapt to CPAP therapy it starts to subside. It takes time.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have been using the s10 - this is my second one, for 5 years now.
Cant remember how long this is going on but definitely for the last year.
Same style nose mask - tried pillows with no luck
Post Reply Post Reply
I had a simliar thing a few years back.  Google for "sleep restriction therapy" or "sleep compression therapy" for what fixed it for me.  Be forewarned, the cure is not pleasant.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have actually tried something similar with no results.
If you look at my fitness tracker (heart rate), I get up every hour.  Sometimes, I go to the bathroom.ALL times, I fall asleep immediately.
Never have trouble falling asleep - just staying asleep.
So, in the end, over 8 hours in bed, I get close to 8 hours of sleep - but broken up into 8, 1 hour segments.
Not very restful.

A while ago, my doctor had me try ambien - I hate drugs but agree to try it.
Still got up every hour, only this time, felt sick.
Tried for 2 nights and had to stop.
Did not help my sleep at all.

I am at a loss
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleepycoder, it seems like you should be able to install and post #Sleepyhead charts. Let's start with some graphs and we'll see if there is a clue.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Waking up 10+ times a night Valtor 5 98 29 minutes ago
Last Post: Valtor
Sad [Treatment] 10 Months In and Still Waking Up After 4 to 5 Hours Burnsy 3 287 03-14-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Burnsy
  [CPAP] Persistant night waking - Oscar results help please philjones 0 158 03-07-2024, 05:39 PM
Last Post: philjones
Sad [Symptoms] Traumatic life event. Now I'm waking up every night suffocating. BostonEngineer 9 398 03-03-2024, 12:44 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Waking up often Omenislost 3 260 03-01-2024, 10:51 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Anxiety dreams all night and waking up anxious Clementine39 1 192 02-23-2024, 02:10 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
Gross [Treatment] Waking up frequently and not feeling rested snoor 3 307 02-21-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: snoor

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.