Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Machine hours A10 Autoset
RE: Machine hours A10 Autoset
(03-08-2018, 08:58 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: ... uninformed newb that ...

like Thanks Well-done Agreed Banana   Thumbs-up-2

NewB is correct! I want to "speak to"  Hammer  the doofuses who spell it noob!

<blush> sorry for the off-topic rant! <cheesy grin>
Post Reply Post Reply
I tried to look for it, smart alek. I was scrolling through the clinician menu when she came back in. We started discussing mask while I was still looking and I got distracted by her insisting I didn't get one just a few weeks ago.

It is newb or newbie if you are in the military. If you are a coder or gamer, it is often n00b. And yeah, it was a stupid mistake. It happens.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Paula,
Don't take no crap!  I went through the same nonsense.  I actually used my machine for two weeks before discovering that it already had over 500 hours on it!
I called and complained and they exchanged it for a new one.

And tell your "alleged" RT that the For Her model is not pink....it is off white with a floral design.   Perturbed
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-08-2018, 11:16 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: I tried to look for it, smart alek. I was scrolling through the clinician menu when she came back in. We started discussing mask while I was still looking and I got distracted by her insisting I didn't get one just a few weeks ago.

It is newb or newbie if you are in the military. If you are a coder or gamer, it is often n00b. And yeah, it was a stupid mistake. It happens.

Just giving you a hard time. You're the only one here other than SuperSleeper with more posts than I have, so I figured you needed your ribs tickled. 

As far as what OpalRose said, I figure you're about the last person around that will take any crap...I pity the fool!
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I actually dislike confrontation in real life because my speech gets worse and my face turns beet red.

I called this morning. The RT I spoke to yesterday was not there today but I spoke to another. He was not surprised the machine had hours on it. And no, they don't exchange just because it does. So...I'm debating with myself about what to do.

It smells new. The power cord looks unused (still has kinks). The tank is new. The sticker over the screen is still there. I dunno what to do. I'm such a chicken sh*t.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
You probably have a limited time to take action. I know it's bothering you now, so is it going to keep bothering you if you keep the used machine?
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply
The fact that it is used and may be germy doesn't bother me at all. What bothers me is the fact they are so uneducated and don't care. I've yet to meet an RT at a CPAP DME that knows what the hell they are talking about (I've worked with five over the years). I am not surprised it has hours on it. That's why I wanted to check while I was there (but I had to rush out of the house to make it in time and didn't remind myself how to look for it, got distracted while there, blah blah excuses not reasons). So in the long term, how long will I kick myself? Meh, not long I guess. There's nothing wrong with it, just has someone else's previous use on the run clock.

Sigh. I'm a masochist chicken sh*t.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
I've bought several used machines lately and I'm quite pleased with them. I'm like you, and used doesn't bother me a bit. I hate the word "regret" and even if I don't get the results i want sometimes it still makes me feel better to rattle someone's chains, well because I'm a jerk I guess. Especially if the service was disrespectful.
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply
I personally would not have a problem using a machine with under 200 hours that is covered by insurance. I would put my foot down if I was paying the tab out of pocket. The system is setup to require these DMEs to take back machines in the event of non-compliance or other problems in therapy. Were you required to rent the equipment for a period of time, or is it being purchased outright?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Paula,
The fact that it is slightly used isn’t the point.  Used doesn’t bother me either (I recently bought a used Apap from Second Wind.)  

The thing that makes me infuriated with these DME’s is that they pull this crap with customers and think it’s ok.  They pawn things off as “new” with an arrogance knowing that their customer is unaware.

If this is upsetting to you, then call the DME back and speak to a supervisor.  

If you can accept this machine without letting it stress you, then keep it.  
Don’t beat yourself up over it.   Okay
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Only sleeping 3 hours a night with CPAP, almost fell asleep at wheel biboombap 5 40 1 hour ago
Last Post: johnathanb76
  Airsense 10 run hours??? eok361 5 124 6 hours ago
Last Post: eok361
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 264,384 04-15-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Poolboy
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 198 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
Sad [Treatment] 10 Months In and Still Waking Up After 4 to 5 Hours Burnsy 3 394 03-14-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Burnsy
  Still Only Sleeping 4-5 Hours Most Nights AustinSV 5 322 03-12-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Big Gap In Readings - Hours of use too short an4g745 12 534 03-01-2024, 06:50 PM
Last Post: an4g745

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.