Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Machine hours A10 Autoset
Machine hours A10 Autoset
I'm gonna pick up my machine Thursday.

Dancing

Looking over the manual, I see there is "Used hrs" (under sleep report) and "Run hrs" (under Settings>About).

"Used hrs" seems to be more of a report and it says it can be reset. So that would be akin to the S9's patient hours.

To know if the machine is indeed new, I'd go to Settings then About, right?
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Machine hours A10 Autoset
Used hours will tell you how long the blower has run.
It is under the clinicians manual part.  If it has anything more than a few of hours on it, tell them it is second hand.
And tell them to keep it.  You want a new machine.
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
The Run hours are non-resettable, kind of like the odometer on your car.
The Used hours are resettleble, like the trip meter.

The clinical menu, about will show both. Run hours may have a few on a new machine, but never over 10.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just picked it up. I didn't check the hours there because I forgot where they were located. But I just checked now that I'm home and it says Run hrs: 182.

Is this a new machine or not? I'm thinking not. That's 22 nights at 8hrs. Could be someone tried it and didn't want it. The plastic cover on the screen is still there (that thing you peel off). It smells new. Looks new.

And it is the black one, not the For Her one. The alleged RT said the only difference is the For Her is pink. Sigh.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
Well. It’s def not new. My new machine had run hours of 0 if you were expecting a new machine then you need to take it back.
Post Reply Post Reply
When my Resmed A10 was new, the run hours were 110. Since it was my first machine, I didn't know any better. Someone had obviously trialed it for a few days and decided it was not for them. The machine now has almost 10,000 run hours so it really didn't make any difference.

Your machine is probably like mine, someone tried it out ahead of you.

If and when I ever get another new machine, I will expect the run hours to be zero.

v/r
Jeff
Sleep is worth the effort.
Post Reply Post Reply
Mine had 0 hrs as well. I would call the DME and tell them you are bringing back the used machine they gave you and by the way, have the pink for her model waiting.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I guess it's your call on accepting or not, but with 182 Run Hours on the Odometer, it is not brand new. The For Her has an extra therapy setting/algorithm that gives another option. Others are much better versed than I am on this. If you're going to demand an exchange for an actual new device, you may want to go for the For Her edition.

FWIW when I was issued my ASV, I faced the Run Hours thing as well. My RT either was acting like she was ignorant of the device Run Hours, or she actually was unaware of the run hours (Nah). She claimed it could have been a device malfunction (right!). OK, regardless, she initiated an exchange with another unit which was verified 0 (zero) Run Hours. No charges to me.

Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'll call first thing in the morning and get another one.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
Medicare has a reputation of not caring as long as you got the machine and it fills the prescription. 182 hours is pretty minimal, but it was probably previously dispensed. What are the first 4 digits of the serial number?

I have to say, for as long as you have been on the forum, and as many times as this issue has been discussed, it's hard to believe you would not have plugged in the machine and checked the hours before you left. You are hardly an uninformed newb that can't navigate a machine menu.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 105 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
Sad [Treatment] 10 Months In and Still Waking Up After 4 to 5 Hours Burnsy 3 284 03-14-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Burnsy
  Still Only Sleeping 4-5 Hours Most Nights AustinSV 5 249 03-12-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Big Gap In Readings - Hours of use too short an4g745 12 470 03-01-2024, 06:50 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  Total machine use hours? milogurd 1 277 02-03-2024, 04:00 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  Why do I wake up after a few hours sleep? John Reston 6 492 01-28-2024, 02:56 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question Consistently Waking Up After ~3 Hours on CPAP sammyg7241 2 439 01-20-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.