Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Machine keeps immediately increasing pressure at start due to clearing throat.
RE: Machine keeps immediately increasing pressure at start due to clearing throat.
Okay I may have to make the adjustments myself, since my sleep doctor could care less since my AHI is still good.

Here is the full night. Not too bad compared to a lot of other people here. But I had one UA (14sec) that looks like it may have lasted much longer. This made my O2 drop 76, and HR to go up to 100bpm.

My O2 dropping and HR spiking is my main concern. My doctor put me on Multaq for AFIB, and Bystolic to lower my HR. I was hoping to get off these med's, but i won't be able to with the continued O2/HR spikes. If I wasn't on these med's my HR would spike to 130+, which was causing me some major issues.

[Image: qA7V8TK.png]

[Image: 396ihLR.jpg]
ResMed AirCurve 10 vAuto
Pressure EPAP min 4.4, IPAP 8.4, IPAP Max 18, PS 4.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Machine keeps immediately increasing pressure at start due to clearing throat.
You are using the VAuto within the capabilities of the autoset.  Not a problem with this.

If the goal is to purchase a VAuto you might try a PS of 4 which the Autoset is not capable of.  PS 4 is a pretty standard starting value for a BiPAP/BiLevel.

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dry mouth and throat. VegasGMC 3 64 7 hours ago
Last Post: Deborah K.
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 264,030 10 hours ago
Last Post: Poolboy
  AHI increasing and centrals michaelyu15 0 82 04-08-2024, 10:18 AM
Last Post: michaelyu15
  Fixed mask leak, but flow limit seems to be increasing AHI emile.leplattenier 3 193 03-19-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Why does my clear airway events keep increasing? deirdrepen 3 312 03-12-2024, 02:37 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Cervical collar causing sore throat? TechieHippie 6 474 02-14-2024, 10:24 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Machine Increases Pressure Without Input JeffNC 7 424 01-30-2024, 07:02 PM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.