Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Machine malfunctioning?
Machine malfunctioning?
Machine  is a Respironics Bipap Series M
I wake up at night and it is off, but it always restart when I press power button.
I tested it and if I don't put my mask/head gear on, but turn the machine on, it will stop
blowing after 1-2 min.

Called my respitory therapist and she said machine is broken
Callled respironics and they said it does that if hose or mask is leaking  Which it wasn't I didn't need to do any adjustment prior to restarting..
Apria says it has no function that it will turn itself off

HELP.........

Sleep Dr. at this point only did a overnight oxgen study.

thank you,

madonna
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Machine malfunctioning ????
(03-08-2018, 05:05 PM)m44kohler Wrote: Machine  is a Respironics Bipap Series M
I wake up at night and it is off, but it always restart when I press power button.
I tested it and if I don't put my mask/head gear on, but turn the machine on, it will stop
blowing after 1-2 min.

Called my respitory therapist and she said machine is broken
Callled respironics and they said it does that if hose or mask is leaking  Which it wasn't I didn't need to do any adjustment prior to restarting..
Apria says it has no function that it will turn itself off

HELP.........

Sleep Dr. at this point only did a overnight oxgen study.

thank you,

madonna

Try this: put your mask on, and turn the machine on. Stay awake, and run it that way for a while. Make SURE there are no leaks from anywhere. See if it still turns off after a few minutes like it's been doing. If NOT, then there's something odd happening, only when you are asleep. Perhaps you are opening your mouth, which cause a large leak...
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you !
I will do as you suggest
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to Apnea Board m44kohler,

Although I am not familiar with this model, I'm throwing a possible area in settings to check. Does it have an Auto Start and/or Stop feature? Are these set to ON?
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I will try to check that out in set up.
Post Reply Post Reply
m44, your Respironics Series M is at least 10 years old and needs replaced. It's useful life is over, and it is not worth servicing, however the malfunction you described is most likely the AC Adapter (brick) has failed. If you qualify for an insurance replacement you should contact your supplier or doctor for a prescription renewal. If you must buy out of pocket, Supplier #2 has some lightly used bipap / VPAP machines that are reasonably priced. A new Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto costs about $1000 on Amazon.

Can you say what your EPAP and IPAP pressure or pressure support settings are? 20 cm pressure can be provided by a CPAP machine, but it is very high pressure.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi m44kohler,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hopefully, you can get a newer machine if you find that you are unable to get yours fixed.
Good luck as you continue CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,142 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  machine died! Now new doctor and new machine Bjazzman 17 6,789 09-05-2022, 09:07 PM
Last Post: NValtman11
  [CPAP] Using SoClean Machine with CPAP Machine ronald1810 4 1,319 06-01-2022, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Pin from power plug stuck in machine ResMed cpap machine B10576 12 6,753 04-08-2018, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Hellodare
  Help with Malfunctioning Sleepyhead Graph bonesmurones 4 1,534 06-11-2017, 08:36 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  Please Help [My S9 is malfunctioning] jasonarmstrong 17 2,690 04-26-2017, 02:27 PM
Last Post: jasonarmstrong
  Is my Dreamstation malfunctioning? hs8738 20 8,572 03-31-2016, 02:12 AM
Last Post: keys

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.