Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Machine not showing proper hours in sleep report. Sessions show major disruption
RE: Machine not showing proper hours in sleep report. Sessions show major disruption
(06-16-2022, 05:01 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: ...but to the cylindrical plug connection on the back of the AS10.

Also make sure that cylindrical plug in the back of the machine is fully inserted.  It may take a little force to get it fully inserted.
There is a small pin in the center of that plug and it needs to make proper contact with the power receptacle inside the machine or it won't work properly (or at all).

I recently made that mistake and thought I nuked my machine (needed to have my power lines dropped for tree work).  Went to turn everything back on and my machine was dead.  Wasn't until I got a little physical with the plug and it went in a little further and , voila, everything worked again!  Lesson learned.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Machine not showing proper hours in sleep report. Sessions show major disruption
With it being 5 years old it is entirely possible that the parts that are designed to wear out to make you need to buy a new one have finally worn out, the planned obsolescence of the machines is roughly 5 years so you are kind of right on the dot as to when the machine is designed to fail.... I mean that is a little bit of a cynical view of the situation but that is the estimated life span of the machines. My guess would be a part that controls the blower (aka the sensor that tells the blower to increase or decrease to get the right pressure) is wearing out and so it is not sensing properly when it is on or off and so thinks it is off whenever the sensor isn't sending data. Something pretty easy to replace and fix yourself if you have the right no how, but something no maintenance place would do for the same reason plumbers won't repair water heaters that are over a certain amount of years old, liability, they know the machine is only designed to work for x amount of time and they don't want to fix your current issue because they worry that another part will just break a week later and then you will blame them for not fixing it correctly, as such once it reaches a certain age people who would fix them go "yeah no, I could fix it but it would probably just have a new problem in less then a month as such I am going to decline the job, go get yourself a new one".

In short it is probably an issue with some sensor that is super easy to change out but one that no maintenance will touch due to the age of your machine and not wanting to get sued when the machine breaks down again 2 weeks later for a different failing sensor.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah, and I don't think there is any "Right to Repair" laws for CPAP. Have to roll with it until it can be replaced I guess. Sad really.

Yeah I make sure it is securely plugged in. Still not working propoer.y  Wonder if it can be the power Brick itself even though it shows green light ?
Post Reply Post Reply
Update. 
Received another machine resmed 10 autoset from VA

old machine had a few problems. Compressor not at specs  and the internal modem apparently going bad. 

Happy with my new machine. Did not get an 11 but happy with the brand-new 10
Post Reply Post Reply
For the past year my Resmed AS10 will say the power connector isn't seated when it is and wont work unless I turn it off, unplug the connector and then reconnect.
Post Reply Post Reply
Might try getting a new power Brick cord. I was about to get one to see if it made a difference in the problems I was having,  until I got approved for a new machine. Have heard they can go bad .
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 164 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
Sad [Treatment] 10 Months In and Still Waking Up After 4 to 5 Hours Burnsy 3 285 03-14-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Burnsy
  Still Only Sleeping 4-5 Hours Most Nights AustinSV 5 252 03-12-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Big Gap In Readings - Hours of use too short an4g745 12 472 03-01-2024, 06:50 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  Abnormal report - me or machine Anthony2L 1 171 02-29-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 206 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  After major surgery Issues DANNOGA 5 251 02-26-2024, 03:29 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.