Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Machine not working right help
Machine not working right help
I am travelling in Ecuador, got here last night, my machine doesn't work. i HAVE a resmed autosetII, when i turn it on it starts, but immediatelly turns off, saying to check tube. This machine was working perfectly at home, Sioux Falls sd. I wonder if if has to do with altitude? We are at 9000 feet here, were as at home we are at 1300. All our other equipment(hair dryer, alarm clock) seem to work normelly, so I don't think it is voltage related. Any Ideas, anyone??>???????
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Machine not working right help
I don't know abut ReMed machines, but Philips machines have an altitude adjust (certainly necessary here in Switzerland) so probably you need to look at that. The other question of course is how you packed the machine - did you take it carry-on or in the checked baggage, because the latter may be a problem - these machines are a titch on the delicate side and can be damaged in checked baggage.
Post Reply Post Reply
Unplug the machine from the wall. Wait a few moments. Plug it back in. See if that "fixed" it.

If not, is the humidifier a separate thing? If so, disconnect the humidifier and hook the hose directly to the machine. Does that help any?

I don't think it is the altitude because the machine doesn't know where it is. It just won't put out what it thinks it is putting out.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi glenfuoss,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
What Paula said.
Best of luck to you with getting your machine to work.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
There were some good suggestions. I would also wonder if the voltage was correct and don't use an extention cord.
Good luck, keep us posted.
Mary
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-01-2013, 09:54 AM)glenfuoss Wrote: I am travelling in Ecuador, got here last night, my machine doesn't work. i HAVE a resmed autosetII, when i turn it on it starts, but immediatelly turns off, saying to check tube.

Hi Glen,

I'm making the assumption you have a S8 AutoSet II since you didn't indicate the series in your profile.

From the ResMed S8 User Guide:

Displays error message: Check tube!! Key if done

Problem: Air tubing is loose or blocked.

Solution: Air tubing is loose or blocked. Check that the air tubing is connected securely to your mask and the air outlet to the front of the S8 Series II. When you have checked the air tubing, press the Start/Stop key to restart the device. If this does not clear the message, disconnect the power cord and then reconnect it to restart the device.

Let us know if you get it working.

Ren
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-01-2013, 02:22 PM)zimlich Wrote: I would also wonder if the voltage was correct

Mary,

The S8 can utilize any normal household voltages anywhere in the world, from 100–240V, 50/60Hz so, voltage shouldn't be an issue as long as there's a receptacle or adapter for the local A/C plug configuration.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Machine and settings not working snapperzz 3 94 03-26-2024, 02:10 AM
Last Post: snapperzz
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 377 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  25 years of cpap, and still not working good Johan van der veen 2 177 03-08-2024, 10:15 AM
Last Post: Johan van der veen
Question SD Formatting and OSCAR not working smallhandsfeeding 2 199 02-02-2024, 03:24 PM
Last Post: smallhandsfeeding
  [Equipment] 12 months of therapy. Tried several masks/nothing working Tiredkiwi 5 492 12-30-2023, 11:15 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,155 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [Treatment] new to this - is it working? human 7 572 11-04-2023, 11:45 AM
Last Post: human

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.