Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Machine or operator adjustment?
RE: Machine or operator adjustment?
(02-03-2014, 01:29 AM)me50 Wrote: I think you are making changes before you have time to adapt to those changes. Changing pressures every few days does not give you a chance to see how that pressure or pressure range will work. Hopefully your sleep study will go well and give you a starting point with pressure and will see what your leak issues are like with the mask you are currently using. Let us know how it goes.

Hi me50, thank you for your advise, I am listening and I am sure that you are 100% correct.

BUT........ The medical profession has taught me the hard way not to trust them, they have saved my life a few times before, but they have nearly killed me a few times also.
I don't want to sound like a grizzle gut's but I have had a hard life, I have had a few accidents and worked physically harder than most people could contemplate, long hours and heavy work with a less than perfect body has given me the opportunity learn much about looking after number 1 where illness is concerned.
I mean no disrespect to the doctors in here or elsewhere, but there are good ones and bad ones just like any other professional or tradesman and often there is a better way than taking a handful of pills. As a result of prior medical mishaps I cannot now help but to largely take medical matters into my own hands and learn as much as I can about the best way forward, i am here to learn and I look at as much info as I can find, including modern med, alternative med, diet ect, and have had quite good success at overcoming problems the doc's could not properly help me with.
So now I am fiddling again, sorry but I can't help myself.
I have now reached the higher pressures I am feeling much better and my AHI's are getting lower so the way I'm looking at it is that if I didn't do what I have been doing then I would still be as crook as I was, in other words the machine is now helping me because I started learning about it and doing what I am not supposed do.
As far as I'm concerned if the medico's didn't want me to help myself then they shouldn't have misdiagnosed my problem and then make me wait for months between doctors tests to do something about it, after I was diagnosed by my mother in law.
I feel that I am being proactive and winning, no thanks to the slack arses who have and still do muck me around.

me50, please don't think I am having a shot at you as I am only giving you my own pig headed perspective.

Post Reply Post Reply
Vaughn, Peter and zonk, regarding the sleeping on my back, I also have neck and shoulder problems, about 20 yrs ago I had a steel beam land on my head as 4 of us were taking it off a roof rack, 2 blokes took one end and me and a work mate took the other, as the beam came off the roof rack my work mates feet slipped out from under him and I ended up with the beam on my noggin with the work mate still dangling from the beam, the old neck was never the same.
I also got a leg removed when I was 17, the leg has a strap that goes over a shoulder and that antagonizes things.
I do sleep on my sides and roll around a bit but always end up on my back because of neck pain or discomfort, I use a very thin pillow also.
You all have definitely seeded my mind to work out what I can to rectify this problem, thank you all.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi comatose

I get what you are saying about the medical profession. I have a hard time trusting them. They killed our child by medical negligence. Rarely do I take things personally.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-03-2014, 08:04 PM)me50 Wrote: Hi comatose

I get what you are saying about the medical profession. I have a hard time trusting them. They killed our child by medical negligence. Rarely do I take things personally.

me50, I am very very sorry for your loss.

I am glad that we are on the same wavelength though.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-03-2014, 08:06 PM)comatose Wrote:
(02-03-2014, 08:04 PM)me50 Wrote: Hi comatose

me50, I am very very sorry for your loss.

I am glad that we are on the same wavelength though.

my intention is to try and help people with their issues that they post about. it doesn't mean that they have to follow my suggestions as they are based on my experiences. I don't get po'd if someone doesn't feel comfortable with my suggestions as they are just that......suggestions. you and your doc know yourself and your needs better than anyone else does.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi comatose,
I know what you mean about being poked and prodded by the Dr.s
When I was ten years old, I quit growing taller and started growing out, not up, (Ha-Ha,) so because I started obviously gaining more weight than "THEY" thought I should, I was the test case for many a Dr. and I grew very tired of it. I finally topped out at 4feet6inches&3quarters. Anyway, I said all of that to say that I understand what you mean about not trusting the medical profession.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-03-2014, 08:22 PM)trish6hundred Wrote: Hi comatose,
When I was ten years old, I quit growing taller and started growing out, not up, (Ha-Ha,) so because I started obviously gaining more weight than "THEY" thought I should, I was the test case for many a Dr. and I grew very tired of it. I finally topped out at 4feet6inches&3quarters. Anyway, I said all of that to say that I understand what you mean about not trusting the medical profession.

seems like there would be more important issues to be worried about than how short or how tall someone is. it is as bad to be poked and prodded as it is for medical personnel to ignore signs of medical issues.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well I think they were concerned that I would have quite a bit of weight to carry being short, I just got tired of always being looked at for what seemed like everything under the sun. It seemed like I was the kid who was being singled out. Oh well, no biggie,ya just gotta move on, right, (Ha-Ha)?
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-03-2014, 07:44 PM)comatose Wrote: Vaughn, Peter and zonk, regarding the sleeping on my back, I also have neck and shoulder problems, about 20 yrs ago I had a steel beam land on my head as 4 of us were taking it off a roof rack, 2 blokes took one end and me and a work mate took the other, as the beam came off the roof rack my work mates feet slipped out from under him and I ended up with the beam on my noggin with the work mate still dangling from the beam, the old neck was never the same.
I also got a leg removed when I was 17, the leg has a strap that goes over a shoulder and that antagonizes things.
I do sleep on my sides and roll around a bit but always end up on my back because of neck pain or discomfort, I use a very thin pillow also.
You all have definitely seeded my mind to work out what I can to rectify this problem, thank you all.

Wow comatose, you make me feel like a piker. You might try a thicker or several pillows when or if you try sleeping on your side. I would think that a thin pillow would be very hard on your neck when sleeping on your side.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-03-2014, 08:22 PM)trish6hundred Wrote: Hi comatose,

Hi Trish6hundred, they have to pay for their condo's and Porsche's somehow, Dielaughing

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 264,318 04-15-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Poolboy
Question [CPAP] New to CPAP/APAP looking for Adjustment tips jster71 2 351 02-16-2024, 03:54 PM
Last Post: Old Steve
  Comfortable adjustment with Evora FFM Columbiabill 3 456 12-15-2023, 10:38 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Titration Help/Next Adjustment Advice arch 4 580 10-09-2023, 01:31 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
  What AirCurve 10 ASV adjustment makes it easier to exhale against pressure? DevinJones 12 1,279 05-12-2023, 01:10 PM
Last Post: DevinJones
  New to CPAP — settings adjustment rjbutler 8 886 04-02-2023, 12:52 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Adjustment recommendations RacerX31 3 502 02-28-2023, 12:49 PM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.