Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Machine settings advice for my report [central events]
RE: Machine settings advice for my report [central events]
The Hypopnea's you had on auto was the main reason the pressure went up before. I'm not an expert but I think you may end up on a different machine.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Here's closeups of some CAs from last night if that helps;

Post Reply Post Reply
At a pressure of 8 you had zero OA events, that tells me that you could go lower and see if that helps settle out some of the CA events.  If you start seeing more OA events then yes, you'd need more pressure.  Again, starting CPAP is known to cause CA events until you get settled in, unless you were diagnosed with central apnea.  What did your sleep study show?
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, maybe I should give it more time and see if I get used to it. My sleep study was an at home oxygen sensor test, like a watch. The results simply came back to me as "moderate sleep apnea" - I asked for more detail but they didn't give me any. I have a follow up appointment on Friday so I can see if I can find out more.
Post Reply Post Reply
Please read the link in my signature on organizing Sleepyhead charts. You are using 3-images to show what fits in one nice package. Your pressure rises due to flow limitation, which is not uncommon with CA. You are going to probably end up using an adaptive servo ventilator (ASV). The centrals appear to be properly identified, and we have already thrown everything we have at the problem by keeping low, fixed pressure without EPR. You should start persistently complaining to your doctor that this therapy does not work and you want an ASV titration. He will think you're nuts until he finally gives in. We have many members on ASV and it works great. You get low, auto-adjusting exhale pressure to prevent obstructive apnea, and adaptive pressure support that resolves centrals and hypopnea. It is an amazing technology, but pretty expensive, which is why you have to jump through hoops to get it.

At this point, you can pursue any pressure, EPR or other setting you want, but your best shot at making this work is to use the low fixed pressure without EPR. There are a significant number of people that do resolve the centrals with time, and your doctor is unlikely to make a decision to pull the trigger on a higher end evaluation for at least a month. Still can't hurt to have an honest discussion with him.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi airoutlaw,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck with CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  please help me make sense of my central apneas p4ncaketim 27 582 8 minutes ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 16 295 4 hours ago
Last Post: Expat31
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 172 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Trying to Reduce CA Events chrotteg 10 352 03-26-2024, 11:08 PM
Last Post: chrotteg
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 863 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  Central while on ASV Boodmaster 11 2,517 03-26-2024, 02:37 AM
Last Post: Boodmaster
  New Machine and settings not working snapperzz 3 95 03-26-2024, 02:10 AM
Last Post: snapperzz

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.