Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Machine time set wrong
Machine time set wrong
The time on my machine is set about 45 minutes fast. When I try to set it to the correct time I get an error that says you cannot go back in time. How do I correct this?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Machine time set wrong
(08-21-2015, 11:13 AM)Rastur Wrote: The time on my machine is set about 45 minutes fast. When I try to set it to the correct time I get an error that says you cannot go back in time. How do I correct this?

You should be able to go back in time as long as there's no data there.

Example:

Turn the blower off at 8 AM. Wait until 9 AM. At that point, you should be able to set the clock back to 8:01 AM.

You don't need to unplug or do any such stuff.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-21-2015, 11:29 AM)archangle Wrote: You should be able to go back in time as long as there's no data there.

Example:

Turn the blower off at 8 AM. Wait until 9 AM. At that point, you should be able to set the clock back to 8:01 AM.

I'm not quite sure what you mean about there being no data there. Do I have to pull my SD card?
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-21-2015, 11:44 AM)Rastur Wrote:
(08-21-2015, 11:29 AM)archangle Wrote: You should be able to go back in time as long as there's no data there.

Example:

I'm not quite sure what you mean about there being no data there. Do I have to pull my SD card?

Hi there...
In the clinical manual for this machine it says the time should be set before any data is produced, so I am guessing that if you set the time now all data stored in the machine will be lost, it won't make a difference to the data stored on the SD card.

Do you have the clinician manual for your machine?? If not follow this link to request one:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...P-Pressure

Storywizard

Post Reply Post Reply
I think if you wait until after noon real time - your machine will show 12:45 or 1:00 or later - you will be able to set the clock back. The new day starts at noon, so as long as you don't record data after that you can set the clock back to any time after noon.

My ResMed loses time - 3-4 minutes per month - so I haven't had to set my clock back. But I'm pretty sure waiting past noon will work.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is how to do it on the S9. I need to update it for the A10 but I believe it is fairly similar.

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._the_clock
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-21-2015, 01:30 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Here is how to do it on the S9. I need to update it for the A10 but I believe it is fairly similar.

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._the_clock

Thanks everyone, I'll give it a try. Strange how a $10 Timex watch can keep perfect time but a very expensive xPAP machine can't.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-21-2015, 12:01 PM)storywizard Wrote:
(08-21-2015, 11:44 AM)Rastur Wrote:

Example:

Hi there...
In the clinical manual for this machine it says the time should be set before any data is produced, so I am guessing that if you set the time now all data stored in the machine will be lost, it won't make a difference to the data stored on the SD card.

Do you have the clinician manual for your machine?? If not follow this link to request one:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...P-Pressure

Storywizard

I changed the time on my machine that had data on it for that day and I didn't lose anything because of the time. I did lose data because the date changed and to correct that in an easy way, I had to erase the data off the machine.

Because of this issue and my machine being under warranty and because I have reported that I thought there was a problem with the pressure being delivered as well as how come the run hours were so high, I am getting a brand new machine!
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-21-2015, 01:41 PM)Rastur Wrote: Thanks everyone, I'll give it a try. Strange how a $10 Timex watch can keep perfect time but a very expensive xPAP machine can't.

Especially ones like the AirSense that have a modem built in that receives _exact_ time from the local cell tower. And the time-zone and DST correction is all open-source code.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-21-2015, 12:21 PM)pholynyk Wrote: I think if you wait until after noon real time - your machine will show 12:45 or 1:00 or later - you will be able to set the clock back. The new day starts at noon, so as long as you don't record data after that you can set the clock back to any time after noon.

My ResMed loses time - 3-4 minutes per month - so I haven't had to set my clock back. But I'm pretty sure waiting past noon will work.

Well, just got back from the DME and they were able to change the minutes but its still an hour ahead and they could not change that. They did not want to mess with it any further until my compliance period is over.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Air11 now does daylight savings time! cathyf 5 212 Yesterday, 06:51 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,443 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  TIME FOR SLEEPRIDER'S annual DST WARNING srlevine1 19 619 03-12-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Homerec130
  First time looking at graphs interpretation help smallhandsfeeding 1 244 03-11-2024, 08:12 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  Taking mask off at the same time everynight sleepyman95 2 173 03-08-2024, 12:25 AM
Last Post: sleepyman95
  Having a terrible time--please help with OSCAR Montacute 25 808 03-06-2024, 10:27 AM
Last Post: sarahsleeps
  Hard time to find the right mask labrat 42 2,222 02-14-2024, 01:58 PM
Last Post: labrat

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.