Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: RESMed Swift FX
Humidifier: Heated humidifier - 2
CPAP Pressure: 12.5-20
CPAP Software: SleepyHead EncoreBasic

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

RE: Machine won't save changes??
Hey Simbot I have the same machine as you do and vsheline is correct about the manual. You can change somethings from the setup menu, but to change other things you need to access the clinicians menu. Sounds like you need to reset the Auto stuff. It is possible for the doc to set certain things on the card that will overwrite the local settings on your machine. If he/she set the pressure on the card (if you took it in for compliance check or something) they could have set that in which case you would have to change the card or not use it.

As always, YMMV! You do not have to agree or disagree, I am not a professional so my mental meanderings are simply recollections of things from my own life.

PRS1 - Auto - A-Flex x2 - 12.50 - 20 - Humid x2 - Swift FX
02-23-2014 05:48 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
zonk Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: A10 AutoSet
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Activa LT
Humidifier: Integrated /ClimateLineAir
CPAP Pressure: 9/13
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments: CPAP since Nov 2010

(02-23-2014 05:22 PM)simbot Wrote:  
(02-23-2014 05:08 PM)zonk Wrote:  The clinical manual available via Email ... section three

Model number printed on the label at the bottom of the machine (remove water tank before checking)
PR System One Auto ... 550/560 US - 551/561 Canada/Australia

Yeah I saw section 3, there is a long list of models. I guess I have Respironics PR System One REMstar Auto with A-flex

It would be nice if there was some information mapping the model that the machine is marked with "550" with the list of model descriptions, then I would know for sure.

Thanks for your help!
Yes that would be the machine
PR System One 60 series with the heated hose option came after 50 series machine
Here is some pictures and video setup instruction http://www.apneaboard.com/pr-system-one-...structions
02-23-2014 06:07 PM
simbot Offline

Members

Machine: REMstar Auto A-flex 550
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: Quattro FX
Humidifier: respironics
CPAP Pressure: 9 -15
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Thanks, I have the manual. Not much in there I didn't already know. I still don't understand why it starts at full pressure, in auto A-flex mode, and why I can't change/save ramp settings even with the card out. I'll have to call the DME or the Dr. The Doc doesn't seems to know much about the machine though.
02-23-2014 09:21 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
zonk Offline

Advisory Members

(02-23-2014 09:21 PM)simbot Wrote:  Thanks, I have the manual. Not much in there I didn't already know. I still don't understand why it starts at full pressure, in auto A-flex mode, and why I can't change/save ramp settings even with the card out. I'll have to call the DME or the Dr. The Doc doesn't seems to know much about the machine though.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=188]

Did you check if machine set on Auto or CPAP, if set on Auto, should be minimum and maximum pressure setting
A-Flex is exhale pressure relief setting (not pressure settings), you have choice .. none, 1, 2, 3

[Image: SD_memory-lock.jpg]
The SD card has a sliding lock on the side, the lock should be "unlocked" position inserted in the machine and "locked" position in the card reader so nothing can be written on the card and corrupt it

If not mistaken, if the card been left out, no detailed data get recorded on the card, just basic data get written on the card when you insert card in the machine
02-24-2014 02:09 AM
simbot Offline

Members

Machine: REMstar Auto A-flex 550
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: Quattro FX
Humidifier: respironics
CPAP Pressure: 9 -15
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Thanks Zonk. Yes, mode is set to AUTO. I'm aware that with the card out detailed data will not be collected. The most important problem I'm trying to fix is why does therapy start at max pressure (15) when Auto Min is set to 9 Auto Max at 15?

Ramp start is set to 6, yet when I press the ramp button it starts at 4.

I think the card is probably corrupted, but it shouldn't matter since it's not plugged in anyway. I will re-format tonight.
(This post was last modified: 02-24-2014 04:50 PM by simbot.)
02-24-2014 04:47 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
zonk Offline

Advisory Members

I wish if knew the problem. My guess, problem with the machine, won't hurt to ask your DME. New machines comes with 2 years warranty
02-24-2014 05:31 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 2 6,131 10-12-2016 11:37 AM
Last Post: DariaVader
Ohmy [Equipment] Help. ResMed 10 Elite did not save my data last night Amie87 10 2,415 12-17-2014 10:30 PM
Last Post: Mr. Van Winkle
  Can CPAP Save Your Life? zonk 0 1,040 07-26-2014 11:40 PM
Last Post: zonk
  Forgot to put card back in machine, is there a way to copy it from machine to card? Marnid2014 6 3,797 04-06-2014 08:54 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  How do I save data to a sd card (PRS1) Tythetruckerdude 5 1,437 02-02-2014 05:32 AM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Nasal prong and nasal mask fitting -- seal question. Help me save my dad! weeabooshogun 14 9,286 10-28-2013 01:46 PM
Last Post: djjwilly
  SpO2 Review save files? PaulaO2 21 11,198 04-11-2012 11:19 AM
Last Post: pssnn