Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Machine won't save changes??
RE: Machine won't save changes??
Hey Simbot I have the same machine as you do and vsheline is correct about the manual. You can change somethings from the setup menu, but to change other things you need to access the clinicians menu. Sounds like you need to reset the Auto stuff. It is possible for the doc to set certain things on the card that will overwrite the local settings on your machine. If he/she set the pressure on the card (if you took it in for compliance check or something) they could have set that in which case you would have to change the card or not use it.
As always, YMMV! You do not have to agree or disagree, I am not a professional so my mental meanderings are simply recollections of things from my own life.

PRS1 - Auto - A-Flex x2 - 12.50 - 20 - Humid x2 - Swift FX
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-23-2014, 05:22 PM)simbot Wrote:
(02-23-2014, 05:08 PM)zonk Wrote: The clinical manual available via Email ... section three

Model number printed on the label at the bottom of the machine (remove water tank before checking)
PR System One Auto ... 550/560 US - 551/561 Canada/Australia

Yeah I saw section 3, there is a long list of models. I guess I have Respironics PR System One REMstar Auto with A-flex

It would be nice if there was some information mapping the model that the machine is marked with "550" with the list of model descriptions, then I would know for sure.

Thanks for your help!
Yes that would be the machine
PR System One 60 series with the heated hose option came after 50 series machine
Here is some pictures and video setup instruction http://www.apneaboard.com/pr-system-one-...structions

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, I have the manual. Not much in there I didn't already know. I still don't understand why it starts at full pressure, in auto A-flex mode, and why I can't change/save ramp settings even with the card out. I'll have to call the DME or the Dr. The Doc doesn't seems to know much about the machine though.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-23-2014, 09:21 PM)simbot Wrote: Thanks, I have the manual. Not much in there I didn't already know. I still don't understand why it starts at full pressure, in auto A-flex mode, and why I can't change/save ramp settings even with the card out. I'll have to call the DME or the Dr. The Doc doesn't seems to know much about the machine though.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=188]

Did you check if machine set on Auto or CPAP, if set on Auto, should be minimum and maximum pressure setting
A-Flex is exhale pressure relief setting (not pressure settings), you have choice .. none, 1, 2, 3

[Image: SD_memory-lock.jpg]
The SD card has a sliding lock on the side, the lock should be "unlocked" position inserted in the machine and "locked" position in the card reader so nothing can be written on the card and corrupt it

If not mistaken, if the card been left out, no detailed data get recorded on the card, just basic data get written on the card when you insert card in the machine

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Zonk. Yes, mode is set to AUTO. I'm aware that with the card out detailed data will not be collected. The most important problem I'm trying to fix is why does therapy start at max pressure (15) when Auto Min is set to 9 Auto Max at 15?

Ramp start is set to 6, yet when I press the ramp button it starts at 4.

I think the card is probably corrupted, but it shouldn't matter since it's not plugged in anyway. I will re-format tonight.

Post Reply Post Reply
I wish if knew the problem. My guess, problem with the machine, won't hurt to ask your DME. New machines comes with 2 years warranty
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My resmed s9 escape auto does not save date and time. jocemar 2 280 12-30-2023, 11:03 PM
Last Post: jocemar
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,146 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  How to cahnage and save settings on Dreamstation winther 2 501 01-07-2023, 11:06 AM
Last Post: winther
  A11 clinical menu won't let me save settings SaldusMiegas 4 700 10-27-2022, 01:38 AM
Last Post: SaldusMiegas
Question [Pressure] Doctor can't see detailed data - Can my OSCAR data save me from another sleep study? KidCharlamagne 5 896 09-28-2022, 08:20 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  machine died! Now new doctor and new machine Bjazzman 17 6,790 09-05-2022, 09:07 PM
Last Post: NValtman11
  [CPAP] Using SoClean Machine with CPAP Machine ronald1810 4 1,319 06-01-2022, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Sleepster

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.