Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Machines with data HD card?
Machines with data HD card?
Looks as though the idea of a removable HD card has been abandoned in the current crop of new machines. Do any of the recent systems have strong systems for detailed data logging that is available to the user?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Machines with data HD card?
SD Cards are used in all current Cpap machines, am I missing something?
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
As far as I know, the only machines that don't take SD cards are the machines that record only the hours used. Bricks, we call them.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm obviously reading the wrong documentation! Thanks for replying.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Stacey. I guess they just take the cards for granted and don't mention them as a feature of the system. I make very good use of mine.
Regards,
Greg Schultz
Post Reply Post Reply
In other threads on this forum thre have been discussions on the newer models of both Resmed and Respironics machines coming out soon. There was some doubt they had SD cards. Saw on the Dreamstation post it is there, under a lift up end panel and it is believed the Resmed has one also. The new Resmed I got in September 202 came without an SD card--the DMW said I didn't need one--it was all wifi. I had to buy one.
Post Reply Post Reply
There's still a relatively large segment of the world's population that doesn't live in an area with reliable cellular data service (and therefore can't utilize a cellular modem to upload patient compliance data).  SD cards will likely be commonplace in most of the newer machines coming on the scene-- at least for the near-term future.

As others have said, manufacturers are  tending to "hide" the SD card slots a bit better now, and the mention of an SD card slot isn't in marketing documents, which led some to incorrectly believe that there might not be SD card capabilities in these newer machines.  But it's starting to look like SD card usage hasn't been abandoned quite yet.

And that's good news for us as patients who want to take a more active role in our own therapy.   Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
I have 4G (LTE) and 5G service in my area, but my machine has a 3G (CDMA) modem. It doesn't work.

I saw on the this forum that the Resmed S11 will have a LTE modem. I am sure that the LTE infrastructure will eventually go away like CDMA and several other systems.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-17-2021, 04:10 PM)RNeil Wrote: I have 4G (LTE) and 5G service in my area, but my machine has a 3G (CDMA) modem. It doesn't work.

The same thing will eventually happen to me, too. My machine is about 5 years old, so I guess it's time to get a new one.
Sleepster

Post Reply Post Reply
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe cellphone technology is backward compatible. 3D CDMA modem should be readable by modern cellphone technology.

Of course, I would prefer if it were wifi compatible, in which case there would be no need to take the memory card out of the machine in the first place. But that's another story - - - - -
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  csa machines cexer 1 73 03-20-2024, 01:43 PM
Last Post: cexer
  SD Card in AirSense 11 missing data larryh 2 170 03-06-2024, 08:54 PM
Last Post: larryh
  Returning defective machines to Philips Respironics big_dave 5 673 02-04-2024, 02:15 PM
Last Post: big_dave
  [CPAP] First post - Uploading Airsense 11 AutoSet data to SD card DrBook 2 346 01-03-2024, 07:50 PM
Last Post: DrBook
  Central vs. OA Events: Switching Machines or Tweaking Current CPAP Settings? fjones416 4 498 12-14-2023, 12:28 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Difference in Machines SufiMindtricks 8 595 11-26-2023, 11:59 AM
Last Post: HappySailor
  SoClean & other CPAP cleaning machines britincanada 505 83,132 11-12-2023, 12:35 PM
Last Post: Sleepster

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.