Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Macintosh user - can't import data to sleepyhead
Macintosh user - can't import data to sleepyhead
Hi there, folks. I'm new to the board. I saw a few posts about Sleepyhead, but I'm not sure I understand if they apply to my situation since I'm on a Macintosh. I appreciate your patience with me, and I'm sorry if I missed something.

I have MacOS 10.6.8 and I have a Respironics System One APAP. Sleepyhead was able to import my serial number for my machine (it's on the main screen) but I can't figure out how to import data.

I've tried selecting the root folder of the SD card, and then when that didn't work, I've selected every other folder on the SD card to see if I could pull the data in by trial-and-error.

I then copied data to a folder I created on my desktop. No luck!

Meanwhile, I wondered what happened to onkor.net -- it took me forever to get around to ordering a card reader.

And, when I got my CPAP, I think I paid for Encore Anywhere, but I guess that software was for my doctor and my Durable Medical Equipment provider. They never gave me a copy and they eventually took my modem away and replaced it with the SD card. I bet that left my doctor wondering why she wasn't getting data from me anymore. In any case, I'm glad to have the SD card if it allows me to access my data... but so far I seem to be out of luck.

Thanks in advance!!!
RE: Macintosh user - can't import data to sleepyhead
(11-08-2012, 11:29 AM)Sparrow Wrote: I have MacOS 10.6.8 and I have a Respironics System One APAP. Sleepyhead was able to import my serial number for my machine (it's on the main screen) but I can't figure out how to import data.

Is your CPAP a Series 60 machine? Look on the bottom (take the humidifier tank out first!) and look at the last numbers of the model number. If you see 460 or 560 it is a Series 60 machine and you will need a patch for SleepyHead before it will be able to read the data.
(11-08-2012, 11:29 AM)Sparrow Wrote: I have MacOS 10.6.8 and I have a Respironics System One APAP. Sleepyhead was able to import my serial number for my machine (it's on the main screen) but I can't figure out how to import data.

Welcome to the forum Sparrow
Welcome

I use a PC so I am not familiar with the differences in the Mac version of sleepyhead but as JJJ said you will need the update if your Respironics SystemOne is a Series 60 machine.

This is the model label on my machine & the CA is for Canada so you can disregard it.
REMstar Pro (60 series) model #

Once you have your model number for your machine could you update your profile to reflect your model?

It could look like this.
Philips Respironics SystemOne APAP (Series 60) if that is the case.

It helps members to help you quicker.

(11-08-2012, 11:43 AM)JJJ Wrote: Is your CPAP a Series 60 machine? Look on the bottom (take the humidifier tank out first!) and look at the last numbers of the model number. If you see 460 or 560 it is a Series 60 machine and you will need a patch for SleepyHead before it will be able to read the data.

Aha! Mine is a 560P model. I found a 9.2.2 build. Is that the patch I need? Thank you so much! Thanks

(11-08-2012, 01:58 PM)Sparrow Wrote:
(11-08-2012, 11:43 AM)JJJ Wrote: Is your CPAP a Series 60 machine? Look on the bottom (take the humidifier tank out first!) and look at the last numbers of the model number. If you see 460 or 560 it is a Series 60 machine and you will need a patch for SleepyHead before it will be able to read the data.

Aha! Mine is a 560P model. I found a 9.2.2 build. Is that the patch I need? Thank you so much! Thanks

I am looking right now.
Yes looks like the newest for mac is
SleepyHead-0.9.2-2-beta-macosx-full.dmg 2012-02-03 24.1 MB

Hope this works for you but I am not a mac guy but I am sure there will be other members that will be able to help if needed.

(11-08-2012, 02:38 PM)dcgrafix Wrote: I am looking right now.

Hope this works for you but I am not a mac guy but I am sure there will be other members that will be able to help if needed.

No luck. Looks like I have Ver. 0.9.2-2 (beta) installed, but it still can't import my data.

(11-08-2012, 02:41 PM)Sparrow Wrote:
(11-08-2012, 02:38 PM)dcgrafix Wrote: I am looking right now.

No luck. Looks like I have Ver. 0.9.2-2 (beta) installed, but it still can't import my data.

Here is the link to the patch for Mac OSX.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/thefreemanclan....pyHead.dmg

And this should hopefully explain what to do with it

I downloaded the new .dmg file. I deleted the existing SH application from the Applications folder. I opened the new .dmg file and drug the new SH file to the Applications folder.

It appears to work without problems. The new SH version number is 0.9.2-3. Thank you for this patch.
Hi Sparrow and WELCOME! to the forum.!
I hope that last patch helps you to be able to use the "Sleepyhead"software.
I use a mack but when I tried to look at that particular software, it opened up for me in terminal and rather than mess up my whole system, I didn't look into it any further so I am unable to help you with it.
Best of luck.
trish6hundred
Thanks Rritch for the patch for Mac OSX

Hope that works for you Sparrow
It is helpful to be able to use software to see how things are going with CPAP.
Hi All.. Just wanted to say thank you to those of you who posted..

I am new to the forum and new to CPAP...I have a Macbook, and sleepyhead. I was not able to import any data, and read this forum.. Followed the direction and pulled the Sleepyhead update provided by the link.. IT WORKED!!!! I can not import and monitor my data.

Thank you.. !!! Will pay it forward.. Smile)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New user OSCAR data after one week Everlong 2 102 03-26-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Everlong
Wink [CPAP] NEW USER - Assistance Needed Interpreting OSCAR Data tommythecat 1 276 02-17-2024, 12:55 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  New CPAP user - OSCAR Data Bourgi 7 674 02-04-2024, 06:51 PM
Last Post: Bourgi
  First Time Oscar User - Needing Help Interpreting Data justinjj 2 322 02-04-2024, 05:32 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question [Pressure] Returning Auto CPAP user, help interpreting my OSCAR data and pressure settings cpappadoppoulos 3 403 01-25-2024, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New APAP user looking for guidance on interpreting OSCAR Data MildOSAHighRera 6 494 01-17-2024, 06:58 PM
Last Post: MaskedOne
  [Treatment] New User; Fine Tuning- First 3 Days of Data jgthegrouch 9 421 01-16-2024, 02:25 PM
Last Post: jgthegrouch

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.