Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Made (Therapy Thread)
RE: Made (Therapy Thread)
Based on my experience with the F30, the Evora requires about 1/3 the mask tension to obtain a seal. . . Just say'in.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I was thinking about the Evora but its expensive and I cant find a supplier in the UK who can offer returns
Post Reply Post Reply
I know you won’t believe me, but get a Resmed Airfit 10p large and use it without ramp at your current pressure. I often mouth breathe during the day and it can take several minutes at night when first starting therapy at 13/9 pressure for everything to drain and air flowing. It is the best feeling in the World to breathe through my nose. The direct pressure from nasal pillows can work. If you must use a FFM find one with nasal pillows and a mouth cover.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The nasal polyp in my left nostril is close to the entrance and it acts like a valve and blocks exhale. On the right side the septum reduces the flow on that side .
I have put up with this for many years and have to use nasal sprays and drops
Every hybrid mask I have tried painfully cuts just inside of my right nostril .
I have posted on here again hoping that there may be anything new to help
Post Reply Post Reply
I would look for a second opinion from an ENT willing to deal with at least the polyp. An exhale valve is horrible. I deal with it on occasion when allergies kick in, but can't imagine it for a daily sleep disruption. A complete shutdown of air on exhale cannot be dealt with using positive pressure, and you need a better solution. IMHO this problem is worth the pain and risk of surgery. It may be worthwhile to tell your existing ENT that you're not willing to live with this condition, and he can either refer you to someone that will do the work, or he can become more flexible.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
I have to be on Warfarin ( Coumadin over there) for life was one of the reasons.
Other reasons were my weight, age and the fact that I live on my own.
Post Reply Post Reply
SR do you think a Stent might work, similar to the one we have seen used for palatal prolapse?

It may be worthwhile asking your ENT about this.
Post Reply Post Reply
Gideon, I think a short stent could make a big difference. This is not palatal prolapse, so everything is pretty much in the nose rather than the airway. It's less invausesive, but probably not covered. A shut-down of exhaled air is a non-starter for me regardless of where it originates. Stent should work, but we're talking $800 out of pocket to find out. Our AlaxoStent success story "SleepyCPAP" uses the long stent for palatal prolapse. We have not seen anything from a member using the 4" stent for nasal issues. http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...l-Prolapse
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Little Olive - Therapy Adventure Little Olive 67 1,175 1 hour ago
Last Post: jcp519
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 56 851 8 hours ago
Last Post: UnicornRider
  MaggieL, Better than a Sweaty Zombie Meat Sack Therapy Thread MaggieL 37 1,064 Yesterday, 06:00 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  liebano - Therapy Analysis liebano 17 578 Yesterday, 05:32 PM
Last Post: liebano
  johnathanb76 - Therapy Help In Migrating to a Resmed johnathanb76 27 480 04-14-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: johnathanb76
  sleepingbetterinFl - Therapy Thread sleepingbetterinFl 82 529 04-13-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Wjg's Therapy Thread wjg1 35 811 04-12-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: wjg1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.