Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Made (Therapy Thread)
RE: Thanks
With EPR at 3, your increased pressure can be expressed as 12/9 (IPAP/EPAP). Your revised pressure is close to my minimum at 13/ 9, so I definitely know that there is a comfort threshold, and for many of us, it is higher.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I thought it was to good to be true.
I think my tongue blocks my airway and then the machine trys to pump air through my blocked nose 
Then the nasal flow limitations cause the pressure to increase
Post Reply Post Reply
Loking at some old Sleepyhead/Oscar reports from 3 years ago I saw that I had tried EPR 3 then and it didnt help grhhh!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-15-2022, 09:47 AM)Made Wrote: Loking at some old Sleepyhead/Oscar reports from 3 years ago I saw that I had tried EPR 3 then and it didnt help grhhh!!!

Sorry i have made a mistake as 3 years ago I was using a S9 when I tried EPR 3. Does EPR 3 work better on the S10. I didnt like it on the S9 so never used it on the S10
Post Reply Post Reply
No, both the S9 and A10 use the same EPR configuration. When you used the EPR, did you add the same amount of pressure (the EPR's value) back to your pressure settings?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
On the night  I  was looking a the pressure range was 14--20 but my 95% pressure was 19.5% so EPR 3 was not helping
Post Reply Post Reply
Resmed's base their pressure increase on the flow limitation value. If you had a high flow limit, it will crank up the pressure, trying to overcome the restriction. If the flow limit isn't resolved, it can and will increase the pressure to just below your highest setting. That is one reason you don't leave the machine set to its maximum allowable setting.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
How to keep my mouth open
I have posted about this before but Im wondering if there is any new information about how to keep my oral airway open
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Made (Therapy Thread)
The positive airway pressure from your Cpap should keep your airway open if the pressures you are using are optimized for you.

I notice you've never posted a Screenshot of your chart.  We can offer better help once we see some data.

Download OSCAR if you haven't already done so.  Be sure there is a SD card in your Cpap while sleeping.  

Use the F12 key (on a Mac, Fn+F12) (standard view) to take a Screenshot.
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganization

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ng_therapy

Made: I have combined two of your threads so that your therapy history is in one place.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Made (Therapy Thread)
So you are saying that pressure will clear my nasal polyps and correct my deviated septum !!!

It wont so that is why I have to keep my oral airways open

Other that using a Oracle is there any other option available

Ps Flow limitations spend most of the time arround 0.5 with the corresponding increase in pressure up to maximum
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lanners - Therapy Help Lanners 23 939 6 minutes ago
Last Post: Lanners
  Jakespeare65 - Therapy Help jakespeare65 28 840 5 hours ago
Last Post: jakespeare65
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,084 03-27-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 177 03-27-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 256 03-27-2024, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,269 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,366 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.