Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SleepWeaver Advance Nasal CPAP Mask
RE: SleepWeaver Advance Nasal CPAP Mask
(02-21-2014, 06:48 PM)Galactus Wrote: If you are just looking for the headgear you can find it on eBay at less than $20. ....................................

Very good advice. I certainly see this site.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-22-2014, 03:31 AM)me50 Wrote: I don't know about this mask but can you just buy a new cushion or whatever part of the nasal mask you are having issues with? What have you been using besides this mask? Seems it would be less expensive, less work and a lot safer to do that. The cushions aren't as expensive as buying a whole new mask kit.

Thank you. Maybe you're right. I did not know that there are spare parts.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-23-2014, 03:16 PM)vsheline Wrote: Hi serg770,

I think office supply stores still sell "rubber cement" in a small bottle with a built-in brush in the top. It is a glue which dries rubbery and flexible............................

Really interesting proposal. I need to try. And how about wax?
Post Reply Post Reply
Smile 
I have used Sleepweaver for a couple of years. Mainly the "Advance" but also the "Elan". I too damaged my first mask in a similar way to yours, and it was not repairable. That first mask I washed rather as I washed my skin. At times with liquid hand soap (which had oily skin-softening additives), and at times with a little mild shampoo with a trace of tea tree oil, and I believe one of these oily additives reacted with the material "rubber" lining causing "perishing". Since then my mask has gone into the washing machine, with the family wash 2 or 3 times a week, at low (30 degree C, say 85 degree F) temperature but NO softening additive, and the masks last quite well, just gradually losing their texture with time as would any other fabric clothing. I would say they work well for 4-5 months, and adequetely for a couple of months longer, so a six month cycle of regular use before replacement is about right.
For me the sleepweaver are the best masks I have found. Not perfect, I still get the odd small leak, but tests show my AHI is usually between 3 and 5 (compared with 15 with a full face mask and nearly 60 before CPAP), so I am fairly happy.
Post Reply Post Reply
The fabric breaks down in about 3 to 4 months. When I went for my last study I took my mask and the tech told me the leaking was very high. He uses the same mask as I did. I did not know about the breakdown in fabric and was not a happy camper. I don't know if you can really use it, do you use the sleepyhead software so you can see what your leak rate is?
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-08-2014, 04:45 AM)komadori Wrote: I have used Sleepweaver for a couple of years. Mainly the "Advance" but also the "Elan". I too damaged my first mask in a similar way to yours, and it was not repairable. That first mask I washed rather as I washed my skin. At times with liquid hand soap (which had oily skin-softening additives), and at times with a little mild shampoo with a trace of tea tree oil, and I believe one of these oily additives reacted with the material "rubber" lining causing "perishing". Since then my mask has gone into the washing machine, with the family wash 2 or 3 times a week, at low (30 degree C, say 85 degree F) temperature but NO softening additive, and the masks last quite well, just gradually losing their texture with time as would any other fabric clothing. I would say they work well for 4-5 months, and adequetely for a couple of months longer, so a six month cycle of regular use before replacement is about right.
For me the sleepweaver are the best masks I have found. Not perfect, I still get the odd small leak, but tests show my AHI is usually between 3 and 5 (compared with 15 with a full face mask and nearly 60 before CPAP), so I am fairly happy.
Hi komadori',
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Glad you have found a mask that works fairly well for you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you komadori !
Thank you Marnid2014!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How can I rectify skin breakage from nasal mask? evenflow 2 98 03-20-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Nasal irrigation sleepingbetterinFl 8 316 03-11-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  How can I tell if my mouth is open with a nasal mask while I sleep? evenflow 15 1,075 03-08-2024, 09:55 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Mask(s) to use after nasal surgery? Wonderlight 17 4,224 03-08-2024, 05:42 PM
Last Post: DoubtFire61
  Alternative Therapy to CPAP (Nasal Breathing) Wcwilson 1 148 03-07-2024, 04:02 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 297 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky
  Cleaning CPAP & AirTouch F20 Mask PoutinePrincess 2 342 02-10-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.