Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Major air leaks in Autoset S8 Spirit
Major air leaks in Autoset S8 Spirit
Hello!

I work as a caregiver for someone who uses CPAP, I was clearing it as usual but after i put it back togeather a warning massage came up "Major leakage correct mask" roughly translated from Swedish.

The thing is that I didnt touch the mask at all, only the hose that connects it to the machine. I've checked that the machine is properly put back togeather and I've looked over the hose for any damage but I found none.

I've also called ResMed (the makers) and they didn't seem to be sure what the problem was.

The model is Autoset S8 Spirit.

I could really use some tips guys, thanks in advance // Erik

PS sorry about spelling and grammar, english isn't my first languge.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Major air leaks in Autoset S8 Spirit
Hi Confused (Erik)!

Welcome

I was looking at images of the S8 and see that it has a builtin humidifier. I would look at the seals and all connections around it. They could have been misaligned when replacing the hose. I noticed that replacement seals are offered for this model. My thinking is, there must be a need for them.

Sorry for not having any better information.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the quick response!

Sadly I already checked the seals and I noticed nothing Sad

Post Reply Post Reply
Was the person wearing the mask when this message was displayed? I would expect this message if you turned the machine on and nobody was wearing the mask.

You could also check the hose. If it is old, it might have cracked. They do not last forever.

Chuck
Post Reply Post Reply
Checked with both caretaker using it and with it empty.

The hose is roughly 2 years old, I looked for cracks in the hose but couldn't find any.

Guess there could be something I failed to notice. Either way I guess we'll have to get it looked at.

Thanks alot alot for trying to help out guys!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey Erik.. I hope by the time that you read this, that you have solved your problem. Could the error report say "" connect "" instead of "correct the mask" .. and the mask is connected to the hose when you turned it back on. hmmm I doubt that the hose is cracked. Maybe you could remove the humidifier, hose, mask from hose, and then reassemble all of the components. However, I'm sure you have already tried this. I think its just something that is not connected properly... Good luck
Yesterday is history; Tomorrow is a mystery; Today is a gift; Thats why its called "The Present".  
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey!

As you guessed I already tried it, no the words are quite different in swedish.

I've gone home for the day but the nightstaff apparently had a husband who uses the same machine so with a bit of luck she be able to see if I missed something.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Confused,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hopefully, you have figured out the machine problems, good luck to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Evora FFM Phantom Leaks psinderbrand 8 442 04-09-2024, 11:43 PM
Last Post: QT Pie
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 189 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 338 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  Help regarding managing leaks Strange54 0 139 03-09-2024, 10:12 AM
Last Post: Strange54
  After major surgery Issues DANNOGA 5 284 02-26-2024, 03:29 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Chin cushion for mouth leaks AReedy 9 557 02-25-2024, 09:38 PM
Last Post: AReedy
  Humidifier Chamber Leaks - Resmed 10 Old Mike 20 892 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.