Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Make OSCAR a verified Mac app
Make OSCAR a verified Mac app
I have been using OSCAR on Windows just fine...  I just switched to a Mac and was surprised that it blocked me from opening the app because it was from a developer that couldn't be authenticated or verified or whatever the term was.  Because I've used OSCAR with no concerns on my Windows PC, I googled how to make an exception.

To allow an unverified app to run, Control-click on the app icon, then click on "Open".

I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of potential Mac users stopped when they got the error message.  Whoever is in charge of OSCAR app development should investigate what it takes to become verified and get 'er done.

The app looks really nice on the Mac by the way...
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Make OSCAR a verified Mac app
Your experience is addressed here: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._Apple_Mac

Currently, no one has the funds, or the willingness to pay Apple for their approval.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
If Apple would let us do it for what revenue we have received since our inception, then no problem.

OSCAR'S total lifetime revenue = $0.00
This is a free tool. Totally.
Post Reply Post Reply
This "problem" falls squarely on the shoulders of Apple to fix.

In order to become verified, one needs to add an Apple certificate to their app. And of course Apple wants $99 USD a year to do so.

Shameful Apple.
Post Reply Post Reply
As a developer, I find this highly annoying but I also understand it. Apple's motivation isn't greed. Their 2021 revenue was $366 BILLION, so the fees from a million developers wouldn't even be a rounding error. The primary purpose is limit access to developer resources to a manageable number and to provide a modest bar to discourage crapware and malware.

Yes, it's not perfect - there is still plenty of crapware and malware for Macs - but I think the situation is generally better than on Windows. Apple does waive the fee for some organizations in some countries, but I don't know whether qualifying as a non-profit would involve other ongoing costs, e.g. accounting, filings, etc.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Ohmy I AM GOING BATTY PLEASE HELP ME MAKE SENSE OF THIS Plmnb 2 174 03-09-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Cool How to Make FlashPAP On A Mac “Exit and run Sleep Tracking Software” such as OSCAR RayBee 3 725 11-05-2020, 02:15 AM
Last Post: jaswilliams
  How to make an AHI chart report from EncorePro2? Kevin2020 1 623 08-24-2020, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  how can I make histograms from my SPO2-datafiles? ljongkind 4 1,114 03-25-2020, 04:23 PM
Last Post: ljongkind
  How do you make Oscar draw a line for leaks? LarryRapp 3 1,559 05-13-2019, 03:15 PM
Last Post: LarryRapp
Money Unable to make donation to Sleepyhead jsielke 1 1,051 03-22-2017, 10:49 AM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  ResScan - make sure to select "Download ALL data" SuperSleeper 0 4,091 02-28-2012, 05:00 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.