Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Awful sleep study
Awful sleep study
I went for a sleep study last night. It is hard enough to get to sleep with all the wires. I had a woman in the room next to me. She was doing a sleep test with cpap. I fell asleep around 11 PM and she started screaming at midnight. Apparently a panic attack with a mask on her face. Then she was talking very loud for a long time. I called the technician she said she would try to calm her down. Then at 2 am I heard the technician telling the woman if she didn't want to wear the mask she should go home. The woman disagreed. I slept from 4 am to 6am
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Awful sleep study
Soft foam earplugs!

[Image: 81Z0BY3-ZCL._SL1500_.jpg]
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
That sounds awful, Brian. I had two sleep studies, and I was so exhausted the day after both of them that it took me 2-3 days to recover.

I swear the room was "rigged" for the first sleep study. The bed was so uncomfortable that I had a dream that I was sleeping in a punji pit.
Post Reply Post Reply
I second the earplugs. Try the earplugstore. I use the yellow and red ones.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Brian,

I’m sorry that you had such an awful sleep study. Hopefully you got enough sleep for them to be able to get a report.
Hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I had a private room that was decorated and equipped as a nice bedroom including a private bath.

Lucky, I guess.
Sleep is worth the effort.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-24-2016, 08:53 PM)foss Wrote: I had a private room that was decorated and equipped as a nice bedroom including a private bath.

Lucky, I guess.

I did too. At $2000 per night it should have had gold faucets and room service. Grin
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Diagnosis] Got sleep study results and I am quite fustrated ewarner64 5 60 3 hours ago
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  My sleep study (starting out) sabletaurus 5 170 04-16-2024, 07:24 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  First night with new Bipap after sleep study and 37 AHI mostly CA PandaZA 87 1,395 04-13-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: PandaZA
  [Diagnosis] Second opinion on study is needed please Abdulfakih 17 368 04-04-2024, 08:42 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Do I not need a CPAP anymore? In-Lab Study Results brehski 6 219 04-03-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Home Sleep Study - Low AHI but significant desat ArcherNeedsSleep 68 6,281 04-02-2024, 04:13 PM
Last Post: ArcherNeedsSleep
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 386 03-27-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.