Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Making a date adjustment after international travel
Making a date adjustment after international travel
Ive been doing a bit of traveling and have crossed the international date line twice, all with very limited wifi access.  As a result, my machine has no idea what the date is and in an attempt to correct it, it now believes it's sometime in November.  Evidently you can go forward but not backwards with the date.  Any ideas on how to fix this?  I have a resmed air sense 10 for her.  Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Making a date adjustment after international travel
The easiest solution is to never change the time and date on your machine for travel...just don't. This is a sleep therapy device, not an alarm clock, and accurate time during travel is of no importance. T correct the time you will need to purge the data and reset the time and date. You may be able to slowly wind the time back by waiting until the machine is showing a time after noon and resetting time a few hours at a time. ince your machine is set fo a date in the future, I think the data reset is the best option.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
When I had a similar issue (because I'd set the time wrong, 12 hours off) and I had to reset the data from the clinical menu. That, to my surprise, left the prescription intact, but wiped the recorded data. Wiping the data wasn't an issue for me because I'd already imported it to Sleepyhead and it was already uploaded to ResMed.

On my last trip overseas, I just left the clock alone. But I did that after checking I'd still be sleeping within the noon to noon block ResMed uses to separate days, so my sleep would still be scored as a unit rather than incorrectly split between nights.
Post Reply Post Reply
I travel a lot and just leave the time and date well alone - the machine figures it out and sometimes I get double sessions in one 24 hrs but at least it captures them all - see attached weird chart as a result

Rob
Post Reply Post Reply
I turn my machine on when I go to sleep. I turn it off when I get up, where ever I am. It doesn't care.

I have never, in doing this for over a dozen years, ever once changed time on a machine. I can't figure out any benefit to doing so.
There.  I said it.

OMMOHY
Contrarian in Residence  
Post Reply Post Reply
The same here. I don't need anyone to see my data so the time factor is not an issue. I'm headed off to the UK next April for 7 weeks. I know my therapy is working so I don't really need to look at my Sleepyhead results.
Post Reply Post Reply
I never touch the time, there is no benefit in doing so, when the clock goes back and forward I just leave it.
It doesn't affect the machine, it just carries on as before.
Why would you want to change the time on it anyway?
The only time I would change it is if I was going abroad permanently.

Otherwise, leave the time as it is, the machine does not care if it is an hour in front or behind and if it is on the other side of the world, it does not know where it is. It is just a machine, when it is running it will keep running until you turn it off.
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Do you travel with the machine in 'airplane' mode?  I didn't and while in Korea, it synced with the Korean cell network and auto changed the date.  I know it synced with the cell phone network in Korea because it continued to report data to MyAir (on the correct Korean day).  When I got back to the east coast, it stopped reporting to MyAir SW.  After troubleshooting with their app support tech, we determined that he was seeing data that the SW saw as corrupt data.  

I talked to my respiratory therapist, and she was seeing all my data, but it was dated 2 days in the future.

Easiest cure, reset the machine.

Shortcircut
Post Reply Post Reply
The clocks don’t change automatically in the machine but time represented In MyAir may represent the destination time zone. I always leave the machine on my home timezone I don’t care about the time just the total sleep duration . My machine is still in DST
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-17-2018, 09:16 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: The easiest solution is to never change the time and date on your machine for travel...just don't.  This is a sleep therapy device, not an alarm clock, and accurate time during travel is of no importance.  T correct the time you will need to purge the data and reset the time and date.  You may be able to slowly wind the time back by waiting until the machine is showing a time after noon and resetting time a few hours at a time. ince your machine is set fo a date in the future, I think the data reset is the best option.

That's good to know! I avoid complications as best I can. I will avoid that one as well.  Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Cool Smallest travel CPAP setup w/ Transcend Micro kotaKat 4 1,679 03-25-2024, 04:52 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
Sad help! bipap making things worse Sleepyroshi 11 590 03-23-2024, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  CPAP making me feel very tense while I'm asleep jlpool 15 836 03-16-2024, 05:34 PM
Last Post: jlpool
  Any experiences with BMC M1 Mini travel Auto CP?AP DrJelly 4 675 03-15-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: DrJelly
  Is a travel CPAP machine worth it? BobbieM 21 5,743 03-14-2024, 01:55 PM
Last Post: tommystix
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,187 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Gross Need help interpreting data and making adjustments tiredandexpired 13 589 03-01-2024, 10:07 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.