Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Man, oh man it's HOT!
Today's forecast can be summed up this way.

[Image: 409580_10151913319560377_1577094957_n.jpg]
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well it finally came here. Yesterday I finally finished my running around and got home around 3:30-4:00 and the thermometer under the carport on the east side of the house was still registering 98 degrees. I would bet we got over 100 yesterday! It was one of those days where you go to the mall for the A/C!
As always, YMMV! You do not have to agree or disagree, I am not a professional so my mental meanderings are simply recollections of things from my own life.

PRS1 - Auto - A-Flex x2 - 12.50 - 20 - Humid x2 - Swift FX
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-09-2012, 09:44 AM)bobg1946 Wrote: Oh, and my entire front lawn looks like the grass in front of the 'praying' mailbox. Ohwell

At least you HAVE grass...our yard is an overgrown mess of weeds...and where we can see the ground, it's cracked from lack of water.

Liz

Post Reply Post Reply

(07-09-2012, 10:13 AM)mjbearit Wrote: Well it finally came here. Yesterday I finally finished my running around and got home around 3:30-4:00 and the thermometer under the carport on the east side of the house was still registering 98 degrees. I would bet we got over 100 yesterday! It was one of those days where you go to the mall for the A/C!

I am located in Northern California, recent temperatures are 80C for days and 60C for nights. Occasionally we have a few hot days and nights, I feel extremely bad for those nights because I am using a full face mask with a S9-VPAP, even I set the temperature at humidifier temperature to 60C (min), I still feel the heat. I wonder if there is any devices that can cool the CPAP airflow during these hot nights?
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-09-2012, 02:11 PM)SamWong2012 Wrote:
(07-09-2012, 10:13 AM)mjbearit Wrote: Well it finally came here. Yesterday I finally finished my running around and got home around 3:30-4:00 and the thermometer under the carport on the east side of the house was still registering 98 degrees. I would bet we got over 100 yesterday! It was one of those days where you go to the mall for the A/C!

I am located in Northern California, recent temperatures are 80C for days and 60C for nights. Occasionally we have a few hot days and nights, I feel extremely bad for those nights because I am using a full face mask with a S9-VPAP, even I set the temperature at humidifier temperature to 60C (min), I still feel the heat. I wonder if there is any devices that can cool the CPAP airflow during these hot nights?

Man, that's hot!!! Shock Hope it cools down for you soon.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-09-2012, 02:11 PM)SamWong2012 Wrote: I feel extremely bad for those nights because I am using a full face mask with a S9-VPAP, even I set the temperature at humidifier temperature to 60C (min), I still feel the heat. I wonder if there is any devices that can cool the CPAP airflow during these hot nights?
You mean F not C - right ...You can try using the humidifier in passover mode. Setting turned off but water in the tank and some people said they use cold water or add an ice cube
Post Reply Post Reply

(07-09-2012, 02:11 PM)SamWong2012 Wrote: I am located in Northern California, recent temperatures are 80C for days and 60C for nights.

Yeah, no wonder the fans are melting... that would be 176 degrees F and 140 degrees F...

Yowser! Shock-2Nervous

Sorry Sam... couldn't resist... Bigwink
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply
Not so bad today. Got home around 3:45 and it was only 93-ish. Fired up the BBQ, not turning on that oven!
As always, YMMV! You do not have to agree or disagree, I am not a professional so my mental meanderings are simply recollections of things from my own life.

PRS1 - Auto - A-Flex x2 - 12.50 - 20 - Humid x2 - Swift FX
Post Reply Post Reply
You are all wimps....it was 116 here in AZ today! 90 overnight
Post Reply Post Reply

(08-09-2012, 12:36 AM)Sleeping Beauty Turquoise Wrote: You are all wimps....it was 116 here in AZ today! 90 overnight

But what was your humidity?

Yesterday it was just in the upper 80's but felt like it was over 100.

Liz

Post Reply Post Reply