Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Managing condensation in a full-face mask
Managing condensation in a full-face mask
I've never seen anyone mention this idea before so I thought I would contribute it.  I has made a huge positive difference for me.

One thing that drove me crazy in the beginning was the accumulation of moisture in my full-face mask.  I tried various settings for humidity and temperature.  That didn't really help much.  I got one of those sleeves you cover the heated tube with.  I think that helped.  I got an arm that holds the tube over my head.  That helped a lot.  

But I would still wake up with a clammy feeling between my mask and skin.  Often there would be a small pool of condensation on the downhill side of the mask.  I would wake up in the middle of the night and try to dry it out.  That generally woke me up enough that it was hard to fall back to sleep.

I got the idea to get a second mask.  I use the F&P Vitera mask which pops in and out of the frame that is connected to the headgear.  Other masks work similarly.  Now I get up, pop out the first one and pop in the backup.  It takes seconds.  Then back to sleep (or pee first).  If I get up a second time, the first mask has dried out and it's good to go.  I wake up at least once a night, so this works well for me.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 530 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  Help regarding managing leaks Strange54 0 109 03-09-2024, 10:12 AM
Last Post: Strange54
  [News] Fisher and Paykel Evora Full SarcasticDave94 155 16,617 03-06-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Pros/Cons of buying PAP at full price TwoFistedWonderBrain 14 703 02-24-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain
  Flow Limitations Full Face Mask vs Pillows wickedsleepy 4 402 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: wickedsleepy
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 448 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149
Angry [Health] I have to tighten my mask so badly that my face gets puffy... CantSleepWell 10 596 02-11-2024, 07:05 PM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.