Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Mandibular Advancement Devices - is your mouth supposed to be closed ?
RE: Mandibular Advancement Devices - is your mouth supposed to be closed ?
(06-04-2020, 10:11 AM)vrapche031 Wrote: I got a SomnoGuard AP MAD and 2 days ago went to get it adjusted for me to my ENT. Yesterday I tried it for the first time and I couldnt fall asleep with it because I had a feeling that my mouth was full of saliva which I couldnt swallow, which was uncomfortable. 

Sounds like it wasn't adjusted properly.

(06-05-2020, 04:42 AM)vrapche031 Wrote: But I just started sleeping through the full night with the CPAP 2 weeks ago roughly, so its not easy to stop now since its already making a difference.

If the CPAP machine is working for you then I would stick with that and forget about the mandibular device. A huge part of overcoming obstructive sleep apnea is adaptation. If you try switching back and forth you can't adapt.

MAD's are less effective than CPAP therapy (statistically speaking) and are really only for people who can't or won't tolerate CPAP therapy.

The other advantage to CPAP therapy is that you can use your computer to look at the data it generates and use it to determine if your CPAP therapy is effective, and to make adjustments to the CPAP machine to improve the effectiveness of your therapy.

Do you really do that much traveling that taking your CPAP machine with you is a burden? It doesn't count towards your carry-on luggage limit.
Sleepster
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
I did recommend narval to you but you have to know, I use a mad together with a machine and a full face mask. On it's own it was not able to resolve my obstructive apneas. It did help me reducing them by about 20% (when used together with cpap)
Post Reply Post Reply
I do a fair amount of weekend trips and I dont want to carry it everywhere with me.especially because sleeping with it without my cpap pillow is absolutely crappy. 

And I can get this for free, so no point in not giving it a go and getting that as well if it helps. I will definitely stick with CPAP though, no intention to stop
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Brands / types of tape for mouth taping? Bassline 18 291 1 hour ago
Last Post: mesenteria
  diagnose mouth breathing caused high leak rate BB63 1 88 08-01-2020, 03:31 PM
Last Post: mesenteria
  Mouth breathing vs. mask leaking yankees123 2 213 07-09-2020, 03:04 AM
Last Post: holden4th
  Dreamstation vs Vauto in a supposed UARS case fejsbukpejdz 9 234 06-26-2020, 07:19 AM
Last Post: slowriter
  Mouth leaks - best solution philthyphil 7 400 06-18-2020, 02:43 AM
Last Post: holden4th
  Dry mouth bt60 2 202 06-14-2020, 08:36 PM
Last Post: bonjour
  mouth leak driving me nuts Palmtrees 7 447 06-04-2020, 07:56 AM
Last Post: Palmtrees

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.