Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Manual Sleepyhead to OSCAR data/profile migration?
Angry 
Manual Sleepyhead to OSCAR data/profile migration?
For whatever reason I can't get OSCAR to accept any old data from Sleepyhead. Ya, I'm really frustrated that OSCAR has outwitted me at every turn.
I've tried several things already Uninstall/install does nothing, profile still there.
Import won't acknowledge there's a Sleepyhead profile.
Editing the registry to point OSCAR to old profile gives me a profile with no data.
Merging xml files has zero effect.
The guide says to import old data, which still results in OSCAR not finding a f**king thing still.
Is there a way to initiate a data migration that does more than makes data invisible to oscar?
What registry keys do I have to fiddle with? Same question for XML files. Is there a guide for when OSCAR is being a real SOB?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Manual Sleepyhead to OSCAR data/profile migration?
bump

guys?
Post Reply Post Reply
Please state the version of SleepyHead you have. There was a data structure change several versions back.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Have you tried importing from the old Backup folder rather than the data folder? I have actually copied backup folders to a SD card and gotten them to import.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Are you following the directions here: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...stallation

There are two ways to get SleepyHead data into Oscar:

1. On first installation you have the option to migrate the data including the profiles.
2. Subsequently you can copy the SH data into an existing Oscar profile.

If you want to migrate data and profiles & settings after Oscar is installed, you need to uninstall it. Check that the Oscar data directory is erased, typically found (in Windows) at MyDocuments\Oscar_data  or c:\users\yourname\documents\Oscar_data.  Then reinstall Oscar and migrate the SleepyHead database.  There is no need to play around in the registry.

Oscar help
Oscar installation
Migrating Sleepyhead data
Copying Sleepyhead data
Post Reply Post Reply
Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\OSCAR_Team

After playing with the registry to point it away from Documents and away from Sleepyhead's profile folder also, seems to have worked.

FYI, if your still interested.
   SleepyHead v1.0.0-beta-2
   Build Date: Apr 22 2016 14:39:45
   Revision: cb213cc (master branch)
Post Reply Post Reply
@DeepBreathing
After fiddling with the registry so that OSCAR's data directory was off the C drive, I got option two to work. Thanks.

Sleepyhead was set up to be D:/%startreking% CPAP/
OSCAR needed to also be pointed to the same directory I couldn't find an option to direct the program to "no no, look HERE" hence playing with the registry is necessary. All I could find was name and demographics could be edited. When I installed OSCAR in a moment of brilliance I overlooked that it wanted to point it's data folder to the wrong location. For me it can't be allowed to do that, it needed to have it's data folder on my data drive not my OS drive.

It all works now, I don't expect to go through moving to non-default folders again.
Post Reply Post Reply
Question 
(12-14-2019, 01:14 AM)startreking Wrote: @DeepBreathing
After fiddling with the registry so that OSCAR's data directory was off the C drive, I got option two to work. Thanks.

Sleepyhead was set up to be D:/%startreking% CPAP/
OSCAR needed to also be pointed to the same directory I couldn't find an option to direct the program to "no no, look HERE" hence playing with the registry is necessary. All I could find was name and demographics could be edited. When I installed OSCAR in a moment of brilliance I overlooked that it wanted to point it's data folder to the wrong location. For me it can't be allowed to do that, it needed to have it's data folder on my data drive not my OS drive.

It all works now, I don't expect to go through moving to non-default folders again.

My average AHI over the last 3 years has been about 2.5. However, every day last week, according to SleepyHead, my AHI jumped a full point or more and last night it was over 5. Therefore, I was finally motivated to switch to OSCAR. Plus, I have all this time on my hands thanks to C-19.

Just downloaded the OSCAR install program 5 minutes ago. I have the exact same issue as startreking. My SleepyHead executable and data are on my data drive (F), which is also the drive I want to install OSCAR to. Apparently, if you don't accept the default drives during the installation process, you are never asked about migrating SleepyHead data. So, while I understand the concept of having to change the registry to get off the default drive, I do not have the technical chops to actually do it. I am running on Windows 10. Can you (or anyone else) provide step by step instructions on how to make the necessary registry changes?

Thanks much,
SleepyBuzz

BTW, I have the same revision of SleepyHead as startreking. 1.0.0-Beta-2, Apr 22 2016, cb213cc (main branch)
Post Reply Post Reply
Surprised 

I have attached a screenshot of the debug screen from my attempt at migrating data from SleepyHead. It appears that OSCAR sees the correct data drive but for some reason the .xml file is not processing correctly. Does this help in determining how to fix this problem?
Post Reply Post Reply
I would recommend that you include both the SleepyHead and OSCAR versions you're using.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR shows missing data for multi week interval Dawnstar 6 80 Yesterday, 09:14 PM
Last Post: gardencat
  Won't load profile - Sonoma 14.4.4 MacBook Pro breathingwell 2 90 04-22-2024, 02:30 PM
Last Post: kderevan
  Data went to wrong profile Poolboy 4 80 04-20-2024, 09:55 PM
Last Post: Poolboy
  OSCAR Vs device data Siva 1 110 04-17-2024, 12:44 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Oscar "No Supported Data Found" Resmed Airsense 11 cpapmj 3 144 04-13-2024, 10:21 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Can I delete a profile in Oscar? JUllian 8 2,365 04-12-2024, 02:54 PM
Last Post: amarnina
  OSCAR import of Viatom/Wellue data - DST time base SleeperAwake21 5 970 03-30-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: dfunk

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.