Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Manual for S9 VPAP Auto BiLevel Machine
Manual for S9 VPAP Auto BiLevel Machine
Not sure if the combined manual works for this machine or not since it doesn't list Bi-Level in the description. I thought I was getting a Phillips PR System One 60 but apparently not.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Manual for S9 VPAP Auto BiLevel Machine
There's a link at the top of the page to request manuals via email.
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-17-2014, 03:33 PM)Galactus Wrote: There's a link at the top of the page to request manuals via email.

I know which is why I said:
Quote:Not sure if the combined manual works for this machine or not since it doesn't list Bi-Level in the description

With a limit of 2 requests max, don't want to request the wrong manual and then not be able to get one.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-17-2014, 04:14 PM)krelvin Wrote:
(09-17-2014, 03:33 PM)Galactus Wrote: There's a link at the top of the page to request manuals via email.

I know which is why I said:
Quote:Not sure if the combined manual works for this machine or not since it doesn't list Bi-Level in the description

With a limit of 2 requests max, don't want to request the wrong manual and then not be able to get one.

When you put the request in tell them the machine number and they'll get you the right manual.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-17-2014, 03:21 PM)krelvin Wrote: Not sure if the combined manual works for this machine or not since it doesn't list Bi-Level in the description. I thought I was getting a Phillips PR System One 60 but apparently not.

VPAP is ResMed's name for Bilevel.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-18-2014, 09:38 AM)justMongo Wrote: VPAP is ResMed's name for Bilevel.
Is VPAP and Bilevel the same as BIPAP?
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-18-2014, 10:34 AM)Galactus Wrote:

All the same- VPAP, Bilevel, and BiPAP. Bilevel is the general description. BiPAP is PRs trade name so Resmed had to come up with a different trade name which is VPAP.

Mongo - you beat me to it.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-18-2014, 10:59 AM)PaytonA Wrote:
(09-18-2014, 10:34 AM)Galactus Wrote:

All the same- VPAP, Bilevel, and BiPAP. Bilevel is the general description. BiPAP is PRs trade name so Resmed had to come up with a different trade name which is VPAP.

Mongo - you beat me to it.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Got it, thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi krelvin,

Your number for Pressure Support is 8, which is very high as a fixed, constant amount, unless you have a lung condition which requires it.

When you check your SpO2, I hope it is not pegged at 98% and 99% most of the night.

I think it is important to not over-do it with too high of a setting for PS if that causes the SpO2 to be too high all night long.

I used to use a minimum PS setting of 6 but after getting a Pulse Oximeter I lowered it to between 4 and 5 so that my SpO2 now stays between 94 to 96 pretty much all night.

(I am talking about the average SpO2 over a period of perhaps an hour or so during our sleep, not how low the occasional dips drop to because of apnea events.)

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-21-2014, 04:34 PM)vsheline Wrote: Hi krelvin,

Your number for Pressure Support is 8, which is very high as a fixed, constant amount, unless you have a lung condition which requires it.

When you check your SpO2, I hope it is not pegged at 98% and 99% most of the night.

I think it is important to not over-do it with too high of a setting for PS if that causes the SpO2 to be too high all night long.

I used to use a minimum PS setting of 6 but after getting a Pulse Oximeter I lowered it to between 4 and 5 so that my SpO2 now stays between 94 to 96 pretty much all night.

(I am talking about the average SpO2 over a period of perhaps an hour or so during our sleep, not how low the occasional dips drop to because of apnea events.)

Just saw your comment here and was wondering why you wanted your overnight O2 levels to be lower then what you were experiencing with the higher Pressure Support you had set on your Adapt ? Both you and krelvin I believe are in the ASV Auto Mode, while I am in ASV Mode and both of your pressures are higher then what I have my settings at.

During my sleep study's my saturation rate was 97% on ASV with the low of 90% during a 74 second central .

My settings are : Mode ASV - EPAP-4, Min PS-3, and Max PS-8 . So my max pressure goes up to 12. My AHI the last 2 nights have been .81 and .48 .

I did a spot check last night while sleeping. My oximeter will record the levels but I can't down load them. I noticed that my levels had increased from my normal at rest levels of 93-95% .. on a good day 94-96% up to 98%, and peaked at 99% several times, after about an hour usage. Will do another check tonight. It falls off my finger after a couple of hours with me moving around. I have checked it against 3 different hospital grade oximeter and it has always been exactly the same reading as they recorded. So believe it is as accurate as they are !
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 4,958 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Catathrenia +/- UARS: Bilevel or ASV or other? empiricismandstatistics 0 78 03-21-2024, 04:37 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  UARS diagnosis? No improvements on CPAP. What Bilevel machine to get and where? empiricismandstatistics 8 197 03-21-2024, 04:29 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  Sucking in on bilevel ahuman 9 174 03-19-2024, 09:00 AM
Last Post: ahuman
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,231 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Bilevel ASV - Resuming After Septoplaasty Dread 130 8,111 03-13-2024, 12:39 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  [Treatment] CPAP to Bilevel advice kkjacks 21 786 03-12-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: kkjacks

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.