Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Many Thanks
Many Thanks
Hello there Apnea Board members! I need to say thank you to a good many of you for your knowledge, advice, and understanding. At the beginning of my personal apnea odyssey I discovered this forum and lurked daily as a guest, searching, searching, reading reading reading. A pearl of wisdom here, anecdote there, and loads of knowledgeable advice helped me get the machine tamed, settings dialed in and sleep quality improved incrementally, unfortunately I didn't take notes as to who said what about what, when, so I don't know whom to specifically thank other than Sleeprider, his indepth analysis and explanation of options to others with similar issues became the light at the end of the tunnel. A tunnel I now stand looking out from, at a much brighter world than imagined.

The journey was fraught with fits and starts. It wasn't a smooth path of steady improvement like the shiny brochures and medical folks professed. Those supposedly magical initial settings weren't magical at all, was told not to change them as one setting makes you larger, and one setting makes you small, settings others give you won't do anything at all. DME tech looked at me square in the eyes and said don't change these settings you could really hurt yourself.

After weeks of feeling worse using the machine than better, I finally started making adjustments after carefully examining the data in OSCAR and consulting these pages for similar folks, with similar issues seeking help and getting advice and responding with their successes in implementing the suggestions. The thread and wiki on EERS was very helpful in reducing the treatment emergent Central Apneas that the pros didn't seem to think was severe enough to even consider addressing, even though the trend was obviously worsening, AHI under five, your still alive, all good! Sleep quality still sucks? You must be doing something wrong, your numbers are good. Sleeprider's council on resolving Flow Limitations as a primary focus in finding efficacy were invaluable for making adjustments and recognizing actual improvements though not immediately realized. Find the key to reducing flow limits, find the key to success. 

Overall I give the medical establishment, the DME, the machine manufacturer and that stupid app a D-
This board and all of its members an A+

If you are new to CPAP therapy like me and frustrated with the results, please stick with it, read, search, read, read, get informed and ask questions if you need, and above all don't give up!

Thanks again folks!
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.