Mark's excellent adventure with a sleep doc or how I am going to kill myself ...
Sleeprider Online
Wiki Editor
Advisory Members

Machine: Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Resmed Airfit P10
Humidifier: Resmed Climateline
CPAP Pressure: Auto Bilevel 18/9, PS 3
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead EncoreBasic

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

RE: Mark's excellent adventure with a sleep doc or how I am going to kill myself ...
Hey Mark, good to see you. Your starting pressures are only 11/9.0 with a PS of 2.0, and you have a max pressure of 18.0 Clearly no problem there. I use a higher PS with similar starting pressure and the same max IPAP, so I guess if you're going to blow up, we can just go together.

The Sleep doctor knows better, and it would be interesting to just confront him with a question of why he insists on spewing fallacious information. I don't see where there is anything in it for him or you, vs being supportive and cultivating you as an engaged patient. I suspect this relationship will not last if he doesn't get more honest with you, or perhaps he really is ignorant and believes 18 cmH2O will harm you. Dont-know

10-17-2015 10:39 AM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
Mark Douglas Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: Sys 1 (60) RemStar BiPAP Auto with Bi-Flex 760P Auto Bi-Level (Variabl
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: PR Wisp
Humidifier: PR Sys One heated
CPAP Pressure: RiseTime 3 Fxd E-9.0 / I-11.5
CPAP Software: SleepyHead EncoreBasic

Other Comments: Hashimoto's thyroiditis.

RE: Mark's excellent adventure with a sleep doc or how I am going to kill myself ...
(10-17-2015 10:39 AM)Sleeprider Wrote:  Hey Mark, good to see you. Your starting pressures are only 11/9.0 with a PS of 2.0, and you have a max pressure of 18.0 Clearly no problem there. I use a higher PS with similar starting pressure and the same max IPAP, so I guess if you're going to blow up, we can just go together.

The Sleep doctor knows better, and it would be interesting to just confront him with a question of why he insists on spewing fallacious information. I don't see where there is anything in it for him or you, vs being supportive and cultivating you as an engaged patient. I suspect this relationship will not last if he doesn't get more honest with you, or perhaps he really is ignorant and believes 18 cmH2O will harm you. Dont-know

I think he is just being a jerk as I dare challenge the conventional wisdom of the priesthood. I thought about going back and saying that to him outright but really what good would it do? What does bug me is wondering how much of the PAP therapy recidivism is caused by this incompetence/arrogance. Wife got her machine recently and had I not been there to provide council she would have quit the first night because the idiot DME rep gave her the wrong mask and in fact didn't even ATTEMPT to fit one to her. Basically gave her what was lying on the shelf. Now she is doing very well! When I agreed to try it the sleep docs way they tried to keep me from observing them change my machine settings in the back room. Insane as they already now I change the settings myself and showed them Sleepy Head on wife's Asus Windows tablet. The culture of secrecy is so ingrained...

I use my PAP machine nightly and I feel great!
Updated: Philips Respironics System One (60 Series)
RemStar BiPAP Auto with Bi-FlexModel 760P -
Rise Time x3 Fixed Bi-Level EPAP 9.0 IPAP 11.5 (cmH2O)
10-17-2015 11:07 AM
AlanE Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: P10 & Mirage Liberty backup
Humidifier: Built-in
CPAP Pressure: 10-14
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

(10-17-2015 10:13 AM)Mark Douglas Wrote:  Must get ourselves to the Celtic Ray and raise a pint :grin: Cool CPAP night at the Celtic Ray? I wonder how many would attend Big Grin

Anything for beer. Too-funny

Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. Access through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie
10-17-2015 12:07 PM

Donate to Apnea Board

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Nasal Pillows leak - any way to mark the mask/headgear? Evpraxia 7 1,912 10-06-2014 05:03 PM
Last Post: Evpraxia
  Excellent Dr. Visit Stargazer 2 812 06-24-2014 09:04 AM
Last Post: trish6hundred
Rainbow A Newbe's adventure. SleepyDreamCatcher 17 2,194 05-16-2014 12:45 PM
Last Post: ImaSurvivor
  [Equipment] Quattro FX mark on bridge of nose hsamuels 8 2,633 10-27-2013 01:15 AM
Last Post: Tez62
  My mask has left a mark in my face Phadrius 11 8,201 08-29-2013 12:11 AM
Last Post: PsychoMike
  Excellent documentary on sleep SleepinginAdelaide 5 2,130 07-22-2013 09:51 AM
Last Post: Paptillian
  At the 3 week mark with some questions courtney123 8 1,722 07-21-2013 11:43 AM
Last Post: courtney123