Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Mark's excellent adventure with a sleep doc or how I am going to kill myself ...
Hey Mark, good to see you. Your starting pressures are only 11/9.0 with a PS of 2.0, and you have a max pressure of 18.0 Clearly no problem there. I use a higher PS with similar starting pressure and the same max IPAP, so I guess if you're going to blow up, we can just go together.

The Sleep doctor knows better, and it would be interesting to just confront him with a question of why he insists on spewing fallacious information. I don't see where there is anything in it for him or you, vs being supportive and cultivating you as an engaged patient. I suspect this relationship will not last if he doesn't get more honest with you, or perhaps he really is ignorant and believes 18 cmH2O will harm you. Dont-know
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-17-2015, 10:39 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Hey Mark, good to see you. Your starting pressures are only 11/9.0 with a PS of 2.0, and you have a max pressure of 18.0 Clearly no problem there. I use a higher PS with similar starting pressure and the same max IPAP, so I guess if you're going to blow up, we can just go together.

The Sleep doctor knows better, and it would be interesting to just confront him with a question of why he insists on spewing fallacious information. I don't see where there is anything in it for him or you, vs being supportive and cultivating you as an engaged patient. I suspect this relationship will not last if he doesn't get more honest with you, or perhaps he really is ignorant and believes 18 cmH2O will harm you. Dont-know

I think he is just being a jerk as I dare challenge the conventional wisdom of the priesthood. I thought about going back and saying that to him outright but really what good would it do? What does bug me is wondering how much of the PAP therapy recidivism is caused by this incompetence/arrogance. Wife got her machine recently and had I not been there to provide council she would have quit the first night because the idiot DME rep gave her the wrong mask and in fact didn't even ATTEMPT to fit one to her. Basically gave her what was lying on the shelf. Now she is doing very well! When I agreed to try it the sleep docs way they tried to keep me from observing them change my machine settings in the back room. Insane as they already now I change the settings myself and showed them Sleepy Head on wife's Asus Windows tablet. The culture of secrecy is so ingrained...

I use my PAP machine nightly and I feel great!
Updated: Philips Respironics System One (60 Series)
RemStar BiPAP Auto with Bi-FlexModel 760P -
Rise Time x3 Fixed Bi-Level EPAP 9.0 IPAP 11.5 (cmH2O)
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-17-2015, 10:13 AM)Mark Douglas Wrote: Must get ourselves to the Celtic Ray and raise a pint :grin: Cool CPAP night at the Celtic Ray? I wonder how many would attend Big Grin

Anything for beer. Too-funny

Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. Access through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sleep Apnea can kill you (or at least contribute) PsychoMike 3 266 06-20-2017, 06:38 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Time kill the fatted calf 0rangebear 18 1,264 02-15-2017, 08:55 PM
Last Post: yenobstev
  Almost at my 1 year mark - Centrals Question MeDee 3 422 01-27-2017, 10:55 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Nasal Pillows leak - any way to mark the mask/headgear? Evpraxia 7 2,127 10-06-2014, 05:03 PM
Last Post: Evpraxia
  Excellent Dr. Visit Stargazer 2 905 06-24-2014, 09:04 AM
Last Post: trish6hundred
Rainbow A Newbe's adventure. SleepyDreamCatcher 17 2,585 05-16-2014, 12:45 PM
Last Post: ImaSurvivor
  [Equipment] Quattro FX mark on bridge of nose hsamuels 8 2,881 10-27-2013, 01:15 AM
Last Post: Tez62