Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Mark's excellent adventure with a sleep doc or how I am going to kill myself ...
RE: Mark's excellent adventure with a sleep doc or how I am going to kill myself ...
Hey Mark, good to see you. Your starting pressures are only 11/9.0 with a PS of 2.0, and you have a max pressure of 18.0 Clearly no problem there. I use a higher PS with similar starting pressure and the same max IPAP, so I guess if you're going to blow up, we can just go together.

The Sleep doctor knows better, and it would be interesting to just confront him with a question of why he insists on spewing fallacious information. I don't see where there is anything in it for him or you, vs being supportive and cultivating you as an engaged patient. I suspect this relationship will not last if he doesn't get more honest with you, or perhaps he really is ignorant and believes 18 cmH2O will harm you. Dont-know
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Mark's excellent adventure with a sleep doc or how I am going to kill myself ...
(10-17-2015, 10:39 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Hey Mark, good to see you. Your starting pressures are only 11/9.0 with a PS of 2.0, and you have a max pressure of 18.0 Clearly no problem there. I use a higher PS with similar starting pressure and the same max IPAP, so I guess if you're going to blow up, we can just go together.

The Sleep doctor knows better, and it would be interesting to just confront him with a question of why he insists on spewing fallacious information. I don't see where there is anything in it for him or you, vs being supportive and cultivating you as an engaged patient. I suspect this relationship will not last if he doesn't get more honest with you, or perhaps he really is ignorant and believes 18 cmH2O will harm you. Dont-know

I think he is just being a jerk as I dare challenge the conventional wisdom of the priesthood. I thought about going back and saying that to him outright but really what good would it do? What does bug me is wondering how much of the PAP therapy recidivism is caused by this incompetence/arrogance. Wife got her machine recently and had I not been there to provide council she would have quit the first night because the idiot DME rep gave her the wrong mask and in fact didn't even ATTEMPT to fit one to her. Basically gave her what was lying on the shelf. Now she is doing very well! When I agreed to try it the sleep docs way they tried to keep me from observing them change my machine settings in the back room. Insane as they already now I change the settings myself and showed them Sleepy Head on wife's Asus Windows tablet. The culture of secrecy is so ingrained...

I use my PAP machine nightly and I feel great!
Updated: Philips Respironics System One (60 Series)
RemStar BiPAP Auto with Bi-FlexModel 760P -
Rise Time x3 Fixed Bi-Level EPAP 9.0 IPAP 11.5 (cmH2O)
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-17-2015, 10:13 AM)Mark Douglas Wrote: Must get ourselves to the Celtic Ray and raise a pint :grin: Cool CPAP night at the Celtic Ray? I wonder how many would attend Big Grin

Anything for beer. Too-funny
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-16-2015, 10:18 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: You have a bilevel, not a ventilator. As long as you stay under 20,  you can't hurt your lungs. What drugs does this doctor take??

Anything else we can do to help, just let us know. And if you blow up like a balloon, just tie a rope to your foot and anchor yourself to a cinder block or something until it wears off.

Some BAD mojo or wacky weed involved there I bet. Or maybe the glue inhaler thing...

sorry for delay on typing as I had to put my lung back into my pocket after it blew out of my chest...

Dielaughing Eat-popcorn Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Mark,

Maybe you can make a deal with him, if you're interested in doing so. Suggest you'll faithfully follow his script plan when he buys some oceanfront property from you and me for $500,000. It's located in Louisville, KY near KFC headquarters BTW.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-17-2017, 10:14 AM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: sorry for delay on typing as I had to put my lung back into my pocket after it blew out of my chest...

Dielaughing Eat-popcorn Coffee

Banana Banana Banana
Post Reply Post Reply
My original Rx was CPAP at 19, (It would not go over 18), Ran that for about 7 years before I bought an auto machine. Pressure was set manually by set screw and the machine made today's bricks look like super computers.

Dave, oh great sarcastic one, I think this Doctor is a Duck.

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-17-2017, 09:56 PM)bonjour Wrote: My original Rx was CPAP at 19, (It would not go over 18), Ran that for about 7 years before I bought an auto machine. Pressure was set manually by set screw and the machine made today's bricks look like super computers.

Dave, oh great sarcastic one, I think this Doctor is a Duck.

Fred

Upon review of his resume, he is officially approved and verified as a Duck.

PS nice job of getting a brick device before bricks were invented...
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Little Olive - Therapy Adventure Little Olive 67 1,183 6 hours ago
Last Post: jcp519
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 221 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 251 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  [Diagnosis] Excellent AHI, poor sleep quality --> palatal prolapse? aquamike 5 905 12-18-2023, 10:04 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  BoxcarPete: An Adventure in Fine-Tuning BoxcarPete 32 1,632 12-06-2023, 12:15 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Inconsistent Sleep Patterns and Confusing Sleep Studies - Please Review mperry99 17 1,415 10-14-2023, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mperry99
  [Diagnosis] Sleep deprivation vs sleep apnea - my therapy thread JRNfromAZ 2 832 08-01-2023, 02:43 PM
Last Post: JRNfromAZ

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.