Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Mask Advice
RE: Mask Advice

[/quote]
My sister has a cpap with the nasal mask and says she only has minor congestion issues. Her "theory" as to why I had so much problems with the nasal pillows/mask, is because I breath with my mouth (and nose). she says you have to sleep with your mouth closed and it won't happen. Only I don't know how to do that so for now I am staying with the full mask. She also thinks I have allegories too and thinks I need to go to a dr about that. Just thought I would mention this as maybe there is connection.
[/quote]

your congestion was probably b/c of your cold that you had been recovering from. I am surprised that you weren't given a chin strap during your sleep study; they will keep your mouth closed (or it does for most people). humidifier will help make cpap therapy much better. As always, YMMV
Post Reply Post Reply
I just wanted to give an update on this thread. I did wind up with a F&P forma mask. I bought a small size. It fits, but I believe a medium would've fit a little better. I've had it about a year now and it's done a very good job IMHO. But I'm having a problem with it now that maybe someone else has had. It has started leaking right where the plastic elbow snaps into the mask itself. One end snaps into the mask and the other attaches to your hose. I can put a little light pressure on the elbow itself and it'll stop leaking. So I am wondering if it's just the elbow worn out or the hole in the mask where it snaps into.
You are not to inquire how your trade may be increased, nor how you are to become a great and powerful people, but how your liberties can be secured; for liberty ought to be the direct end of your Government.

Patrick Henry
June 4, 1778
Post Reply Post Reply
If you have had the same mask for the year, I would say that you are past due for a new mask.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-09-2015, 11:42 AM)PaytonA Wrote: If you have had the same mask for the year, I would say that you are past due for a new mask.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

I know that's the recommendation. But I have to pay cash since I have no health insurance. If there's nothing structurally wrong with whatever mask someone is using why replace it? I mean almost everything on my particular mask is replaceable unless it's something structural. The gasket, elbow and pad are all replaceable. Thanks for the advice though. I may still have to bite the bullet and replace the whole thing if someone tells me that the hole where that plastic elbow snaps in has a tendency to wear out on these particular masks.

You are not to inquire how your trade may be increased, nor how you are to become a great and powerful people, but how your liberties can be secured; for liberty ought to be the direct end of your Government.

Patrick Henry
June 4, 1778
Post Reply Post Reply
FFM the best ive found and ive tried Mirage Amara, Fitlife And Simplus is the F&P Simplus, with the Fitlife running a close 2nd.

Actually, other than than the size of the masks The Simplus and Fitlife as far a comfort, seal, run neck and neck.

The Simplus is simply a 30 buck replacement cushion once in a while. Just pops on and off.

The Fitlife is hands down the most durable mask there is. Its replacement schedule is six months vs 3 on other masks and one could probably get an easy year or more out of one if its taken care of. No cushions to replace on one.

I use now an F&P Eson. But on the occasion Im so stuffy I simply cant use it I can put on the simplus and either fall asleep or wait about five minutes and my nasal congestion will be gone then switch back to the Eson.

That is normally what I do because with nasal only pressures and AHI go down dramtically vs a FFM.

As far as nasal congestion goes after much searching hoseing my nose out with saline and using Flonase with limited success, I found the solution that works for both wife and I. That old standby that has been around for 50 years. A vicks nasal inhaler.Grin

Couple of hits of that thing the get ready for bed and by the time im in bed my nose is a clear and the humidity keeps it that way all night.Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 162 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 14 248 Yesterday, 12:33 PM
Last Post: Expat31
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 848 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 43 1,775 03-25-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Uzupan
  [Pressure] Looking for advice about ASV settings rosebladepat 7 142 03-15-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  [Treatment] Looking for Advice jlacassin 0 76 03-15-2024, 03:51 PM
Last Post: jlacassin
  [Treatment] CPAP to Bilevel advice kkjacks 21 782 03-12-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: kkjacks

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.