Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Mask Chafing
Mask Chafing
I use a Resmed F20 FFM and headgear

Commercial Link Removed, instead do a search on Supplier #1

The top part of the mask is causing a sore on my skin.  I am overdue to buy a new mask, and in the process of buying one now.  Does anyone have any ideas about how to best pad / cushion / protect skin up near the top of my nose? 

Currently I put some medical tape across the bridge of my nose, but it only minimally reduces the chafing. 

More broadly, i am a new CPAP user (less than a year).  I assume as headgear wears out and I have to tighten the straps, that this could be contributing to the pressure / chafing on my face. 

Any suggestions are much appreciated.  thanks.

Zandor

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed

To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites.  This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.

-----
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Mask Chafing
You may want to consider just replacing the cushion on the F20. If it is a year old, it may have lost the flexibility and is forcing you to tighten it too much. Your other option, although it may not be a good one due to cost, is to replace the F20 cushion which I assume is the AirFit type of silicone, with the newer AirTouch cushion. It should fit the frame you have now. It is a memory foam type and some like it. But durability is a bit of an issue, and ResMed recommend you replace it every two months -- so kind of expensive if insurance is not paying for it.
Post Reply Post Reply
thanks for the info.  i just purchased that.  how long do you guys go w/ a normal silicone cushion?  I am going on 4-5 months w/ this one.  Probably too long.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have been using the same F20 silicone cushion for 13 months. It still seems like new. No sore nose.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Try Supplier #10 and do a search for Pad A Cheek, find the size and mask style that works for you.  I have one now and I'm finally getting my nose to heal.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CPAP mask straps are loose and no longer keep the mask on my face WWu777 8 2,678 03-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Resmed P30i pillow mask user unable to get beyond 1.5 hr on mask Roy289 28 3,340 09-27-2022, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Roy289
  Advice for f and p vitera mask leaks full face mask accetableplaintain 2 3,932 03-23-2022, 09:37 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Help with mask, Definition of EPAP/IPAP and Mask Pressure wesozzzz 1 1,121 11-15-2019, 07:57 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  What's the mask setting of Dreamstation for Bleep DreamPort mask? ChinaMan 5 2,467 10-11-2019, 07:17 PM
Last Post: ChinaMan
  Changing mask from p10 resmed to philips respironics: Mask seal issue Visitor 10 4,904 10-11-2019, 07:25 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Personal Experience On Nasal Mask Compared with Full Face Mask ramphil2019 19 4,626 04-07-2019, 12:01 AM
Last Post: ramphil2019

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.