Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Mask Cushion Replacement Question
RE: Mask Cushion Replacement Question
Thanks all.

Last night I went back to the old cushion, after washing it in soap and water and, lo and behold, no leaks!  So, I'm going to go with "CPAP wipes do not do the job well."

(At the same time, I had already ordered a different mask -- the F20 -- since it seems to get great reviews.  So I'm looking forward to trying that one out as well).
Post Reply Post Reply
That's good news! Out of curiosity, what soap did you end up using?
Post Reply Post Reply
Believe it or not, just my regular Neutrogena face cleaner, because it was handy!
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, my final post here - 

I am sold on the AirTouch F20. Yes, I was back to sleeping well with the QuattroFX washed in soap, but I can’t argue with this:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I wash my F&P Eson mask cushion once a month in warm soapy water, then rinse clean with cold water.. and do the same with the filters in my Dreamstation. 

Two years on and I'm still on the first mask cushion and second set of filters. 

Not so sure about this "replace weekly/monthly" theory we a sold by manufacturers and suppliers. Thinking-about

No doubt it applies to some brands/items, but test the limits of whatever you use and do what works best for you personally.  Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,258 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  HDM Z1 Battery Replacement Ephraim 10 1,829 03-17-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: breinersj
  Breas Z2 - mask question/air noise sallym 0 147 03-07-2024, 04:17 PM
Last Post: sallym
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 172 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
  [Equipment] Phillips DreamStation Replacement & Medicare oneeyeopen 3 206 02-29-2024, 01:29 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Where to send my philips REPLACEMENT machine Rice95 7 1,127 02-29-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Can I buy just the Airsense 10 Motor replacement part? JohnReam 29 9,909 02-26-2024, 08:30 AM
Last Post: srlevine1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.