Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Mask Discloration
Mask Discloration
After 5 cycles of a popular cleaner discussed on this site more than other I have this result. Is there a safe way of cleaning this to be clear again? 

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Mask Discloration
I’m afraid that permanent. No harm was done but it doesn’t exactly look very good does it? It will always happen using that. You’re much better off using Dawn and hot water. Just did that a couple hours ago. I do have a Lumin that I was gifted but I use that more for disinfecting our phones and smartwatches among other things. Basically things that can’t get submerged in soapy water. Technically the newest smartphone can be but I’d rather not
Download OSCAR <——— Click
Post Reply Post Reply
Once silicone turns yellow, there ain't no going back to clear.........as far as I know.  Thinking-about
Post Reply Post Reply
I have been using the same F20 cushion for 22 months. It's been yellow for at least a year but until recently has sealed very well. Just retired it last night. It's only been cleaned with mild dtergent and water but eventually skin oils will cause yellowing. I wouldn't be concerned unless it became stiff or failed to seal. It's only cosmetic. If by popular cleaner you mean SoClean, you're using the wrong adjective. You won't find many proponents here. Keep in mind it really doesn't clean. You still need to clean regularly with mild detergent.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CPAP mask straps are loose and no longer keep the mask on my face WWu777 8 2,528 03-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Resmed P30i pillow mask user unable to get beyond 1.5 hr on mask Roy289 28 3,219 09-27-2022, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Roy289
  Advice for f and p vitera mask leaks full face mask accetableplaintain 2 3,757 03-23-2022, 09:37 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Help with mask, Definition of EPAP/IPAP and Mask Pressure wesozzzz 1 1,094 11-15-2019, 07:57 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  What's the mask setting of Dreamstation for Bleep DreamPort mask? ChinaMan 5 2,427 10-11-2019, 07:17 PM
Last Post: ChinaMan
  Changing mask from p10 resmed to philips respironics: Mask seal issue Visitor 10 4,835 10-11-2019, 07:25 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Personal Experience On Nasal Mask Compared with Full Face Mask ramphil2019 19 4,532 04-07-2019, 12:01 AM
Last Post: ramphil2019

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.