Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

F&P InfoSmart and Windows 8
F&P InfoSmart and Windows 8
I've been happily using the F&P InfoSmart software to generate weekly reports for well over a year. My sleep doc gave me a gold star when I brought a printout rather than having to lug my Icon into the office (though I brought the USB stick just in case they needed to pull info off of it).

And then this month, I went and bought a new computer (with a working space key) and now I cannot get the software to work. It installed correctly, as far as I can tell. But when I follow the setup guide instructions (on the CD I purchased), or try to do anything else, I get a window that pops up and says:

"Possible Tampering Detected. This software is encrypted to provide copy protection. Certain virus scanning programs may prevent the software from starting due to their heuristic analysis. Please add this software to the white-list of the anti-virus program and restart. Contact the software publisher for additional information and compatibility."

I've turned off anti-virus (temporarily). I've turned off the firewall (temporarily). I've run as administrator. I've set compatibility to run as Windows 7 (as on my old machine). I rebooted, restarted, reinstalled, and reconfigured everything I can think of. And then I had my husband -- an IT guy with 25 years of experience (and even worse sleep apnea than me) -- try out all of his tricks. No joy.

Has anyone else run into this? I did find someone else posting well over a year ago on the American Sleep Apnea Association's Sleep Apnea Support Forum about this same issue. No responses to that query.

I did install SleepyHead, and pulled data off, but it's not as detailed as the InfoSmart data and not what my doc will want. Right now my only option is to keep running reports on the old machine.

Any solutions?

Thanks.
Soferet [so- FEHR- et; Hebrew; feminine] noun: writer, author

"I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?"
—Ernest Hemingway

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: F&P InfoSmart and Windows 8
Contact the maker of the software? That's my only idea at this point?
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
It does sound like Windows 8 is keeping you "safe." Contact F&P & see if this isn't a known problem, and if they have a fix yet.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks . . . the only problem is that F&P doesn't/won't support their software for individual users. Already tried that. They intend it to be for use by sleep clinics and doctor's offices. For now, I"m keeping my old Win 7 computer around, just to run reports for my sleep doc. :-)
Soferet [so- FEHR- et; Hebrew; feminine] noun: writer, author

"I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?"
—Ernest Hemingway

Post Reply Post Reply
I just ran into the exact same problem on Windows 8. Went thru all the hoops you and your hubby did. Still no go. So, I guess I make up a company name and call F&P? I guess I'll call Direct Home Medical first and see what they can do for me. I can always try it on my husband's W7 laptop later this weekend. If it works on his I guess I'll just share those files with the W8 desktop. Thinking-about
Post Reply Post Reply
My notebook got updated almost a year ago and I haven't been able to use it for Infosmart since. I have to use one of the old notebooks that wasn't updated to do F&P downloads. My IT guys can't figure out why (not that I have much faith in them).

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Importing Wellue Data Efficiently on Windows spudhorse 5 489 12-19-2023, 11:38 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  ResScan problem reading SD card on Windows 10 PC jeffparker 11 1,309 09-09-2022, 08:13 AM
Last Post: GavinG
  Infosmart Terminology Help YankeesNYC 4 1,733 02-22-2016, 10:15 PM
Last Post: YankeesNYC
  Transcend APAP & Windows 10 blueruck 3 1,827 11-09-2015, 09:53 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  New SleepyHead Windows Installer SuperSleeper 0 1,190 10-28-2015, 02:09 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
Information [News] Windows 10 Software Report Thread wordjoy 3 2,258 08-01-2015, 10:03 AM
Last Post: Jack_Russell_Fan
  Windows 8.1 problem Resmed machine sleepy1235 6 2,825 01-27-2015, 07:34 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.