Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Mask Discussion (split from "Your Personal CPAP Success Story" thread)
Mask Discussion (split from "Your Personal CPAP Success Story" thread)
(06-04-2014, 01:17 PM)Buckeyedog Wrote: Been 2 weeks with a Resmed VPAP and so far so good. First few nights were a bit rough, but am sleeping pretty darn good right now. Phillips Nuance Pro nasal pillows is what they set me up with. I want to try the Airfit though as well. The acid thing is really the same for me too. Hadn't really thought about it, but haven't needed the tums/pepcid for the last week or so. Very interesting and hope that keeps up. Have to call the doc as they said they want me to call after 2 weeks and get an appt. set up for another 2 - 4 weeks to read the data. Pretty encouraging so far. This is a cool site and I hope to learn more about this whole thing.

Glad to hear that you are doing so good this quickly!
You are one of the lucky ones.
I've heard good things about the Nuance Pro, but have yet to try one. Love the air fit mainly because there is no jet stream, but masks are very individual. What works great for some might be awful to others. It is fun to try new masks, and see what you like, and what you don't.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Your Personal CPAP Success Story - Post Here
(06-06-2014, 01:42 AM)Sleepyb Wrote: Glad to hear that you are doing so good this quickly!
You are one of the lucky ones.
I've heard good things about the Nuance Pro, but have yet to try one. Love the air fit mainly because there is no jet stream, but masks are very individual. What works great for some might be awful to others. It is fun to try new masks, and see what you like, and what you don't.

Hey, thanks! I'm just determined to make this work if it helps me. I was pretty restless last night, but not too bad. I think I may be doing the mouth thing, so I'll need to figure that out. Get the dry mouth sometimes. Still kind of tired throughout the day though. Got a follow up meeting in 2 weeks so we'll see if the machine needs tweaked. It seems like you can get the various masks on Amazon for like $60 - $70. Are they the same as the other vendors that are over $100?? Seems like that would be the way to go. Just trying to learn it all right now.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] The Fox's Therapy Thread (plus help with Dad) The Fox 2 45 27 minutes ago
Last Post: The Fox
  MaggieL, Better than a Sweaty Zombie Meat Sack Therapy Thread MaggieL 40 1,221 Yesterday, 02:28 PM
Last Post: MaggieL
  LongDaysPleasantNights' Therapy Thread LongDaysPleasantNights 4 123 04-21-2024, 05:34 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 31 1,450 04-20-2024, 07:27 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,964 362,549 04-18-2024, 02:17 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Chronic's Story chronic 19 839 04-16-2024, 07:49 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Help - 1 year CPAP - not success - help very welcome! leono85 46 3,159 04-16-2024, 05:04 AM
Last Post: Macka

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.